• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To bond or not to bond? That is the question!

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Just wanted to run something past you guys & get your views on this please if that's ok:D

We have a group of 4 buns - Benjie, Bracken, Ruby & Harry and also a group of 6 buns - Poppy, Libby, Mimi, Teddy, Mini & Tiny Tim. I'm considering trying to bond them all into one group together - all buns have been speyed & neutered with the exception of Tiny Tim & he's being done next Monday.

I'd be really grateful for views as to how to go about this & if you think it's a possibility. All the buns are very placid & laid back - although in Ruby & Libby are the most dominant females in their groups (not aggressive, but just like to be in charge :roll:). At the moment for the winter both groups are living in our loft which is converted into a bunny room for them - it's split into 3 large pens (Oscar, Ollie & Amber also live up there but there's no way I could bond these 3 with the rest, as Oscar badly injured Harry when I tried to bond them :cry:). So the 2 groups live quite happily at the side of each other & have done for some time.

We've recently bought a huge playhouse & aviary for the garden for when the good weather is back & the buns can go back outside. Our idea was initially to split into 2 sections for the 2 groups but now ideally I'd like them all to live as one group. Of course I'd do the bonding on neutral territory to try to make things go as smoothly as possible.

Any thoughts or views on this would be appreciated.

thanks
Denise

Oooooo i say you know your buns, so why not give it ago!

Lucky bum, i aimed to do this with 11 of mine :( Sadly Bo spoilt things :evil:

I know but I suppose I'm just nervous about it - I'd be mortified if it went wrong :cry: If I do try it, think I'll get the brandy out to help me :shock:

Last edited:
Aww thanks Nat, I think I might take you up on that - strength in numbers ;)

I'll get Tiny Tim over his op & then make plans when to do it. So hoping it calms TT down as otherwise I'm gonna rename him Gnasher!!! I've never met a rabbit with such attitude - he's fine with the buns but bloody hates me!!!! :shock::lol:

Aww thanks Nat, I think I might take you up on that - strength in numbers ;)

I'll get Tiny Tim over his op & then make plans when to do it. So hoping it calms TT down as otherwise I'm gonna rename him Gnasher!!! I've never met a rabbit with such attitude - he's fine with the buns but bloody hates me!!!! :shock::lol:

Yehhh, then you can come help me :shock::lol:

Chuck 'em all in the bathroom and hope for the best ..... :D That's my words of advise and experience and I have several mardy moos in my lot! :roll: :lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=96657

Chloe your thread has just inspired me! :D Only problem is, our bathroom is only about 6ft sq so don't think we'd all get in :shock: Think I'll tackle it by bonding them all in the playhouse, as it's completely neutral & none of em have been in there yet. I'd also be able to sleep out with them in my sleeping bag!!!! Oh & bottle of brandy - purely for warmth reasons of course!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

OMG what I'm saying & convincing myself to do - think I've completely lost the plot :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Chloe your thread has just inspired me! :D Only problem is, our bathroom is only about 6ft sq so don't think we'd all get in :shock: Think I'll tackle it by bonding them all in the playhouse, as it's completely neutral & none of em have been in there yet. I'd also be able to sleep out with them in my sleeping bag!!!! Oh & bottle of brandy - purely for warmth reasons of course!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

OMG what I'm saying & convincing myself to do - think I've completely lost the plot :shock::lol::lol::lol:

I thought that, buying the shed i want and throwing them in. What if it didnt work though :shock:

Back