• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signs of Dental trouble?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering what the signs are?

Dont worry everybun is okay, i just want to be aware, as i do have two dental bunnies and i do know that any bun can be a dental bun at any time.

Im thinking weightloss, dribbling, not wanting to eat, grinding....

Also watery eyes, sudden aggression, runny nose, lethargy and even self-harming!

Yeah my Twinkle self harms and gets aggressive and lungy. Then she looks at me searchingly with her big brown eyes as if to say 'it hurts again mummy'. Then i know im off to the vets!!!

Mucky bum
Selective Feeding
Reduced GI motility (small dark poo, episodes of GI stasis)
Snuffles
Dacryocystitis
Weightloss
Excessive drinking
Aggression
Depression
Excessive salivation
Cheyletiella mites
Loss of condition of fur, matting of fur in longcoated Buns
Lumpy mandible, mandibular abscesses

This may be totally unhelpful...but all my dental buns have different symptoms.

Abby gets a wet chin, but doesn't go off her food at all.
Dixie stops eating his veg.
Marnie is absolutely normal, then stops eating very suddenly.

I've also had dental buns in the past who chew on nothing.

In addition to what others have mentioned, I also find when one of mine is starting with problems again he puts his paw up to his mouth and also throws his head back slightly sometimes. Other times I get no warning :roll:

Reduced GI motility (small dark poo, episodes of GI stasis)

My blackie has small dark poo!

His normal hard poo is fine but his cecotropes are really small, very dark not stuck together and very very smelly! :?:?

His back teeth are fine and he has no insisors, his diet consists of excel (fussy ****** wont eat A@P) and lots of hay and veg.

What could this be if anyone knows?:?

Back