PDA

View Full Version : Lining the hutch?

Jade950
29-12-2008, 04:26 PM
What do you all use to line the bottom of your hutches? I usually newspaper but it seems like we're always running out ?? Any other ideas?
:wave:

caerleon
29-12-2008, 04:38 PM
i use sawdust and straw in sleeping quarters:wave:

LionheadLuver
29-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I use newspaper and hay on the floor, and added hay in the sleeping part for warmth.

*Spider*
29-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Somepeople line their hutches with vet bed or blankets and just clean out the litter trays daily.
I wish Toffee was litter trained :(

Mazda
29-12-2008, 05:10 PM
i use news paper, the wood shavings, then hay.
and i put an old towel in there and a fleece blanky :love:

Rose
29-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I use news paper, then straw.

Jack has a cat blanket down on one half of his cage.

happypreso
29-12-2008, 05:14 PM
What do you all use to line the bottom of your hutches? I usually newspaper but it seems like we're always running out ?? Any other ideas?
:wave:

I am in the same boat as you! I use newspaper, then wood shavings, then hay and straw. I clean them every day or two days max and at the mo I am buying papers just to put in the hutch! My rabbits are not toilet trained (the mum & dad are not to bad but still go all over the place) ... I have thought about trying to train them both to see if that makes a difference but I have no idea where to start!!

hilary
29-12-2008, 05:43 PM
i use newspaper then straw for bed i get in laws to save their papers hubby to bring old ones home from work etc

Sparkle x
29-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Some have Lino!

Some just have hay and straw as there good with litter trays.

Some have or used to have megazorb! :D

Next year im aiming for Vet bed! :D:shock:

Jessica Rabbit
29-12-2008, 05:57 PM
My 2 won't have anything other than a carpet tile and newspaper. If I put anything else in there, they drag it out again!!!

Jack-Bun
29-12-2008, 05:59 PM
i use news paper, the wood shavings, then hay.
and i put an old towel in there and a fleece blanky :love:

Lovin the Sig Mai:lol::lol:

I use Hay and Straw.

Jack x

Jade950
29-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks for all replies :D 2 of mine are litter trained, im going to aim next year to litter train them all! :D

vicki267
29-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I know some people who tile and lino theirs.

When I set up my hutches I'm going laminate on the bottom (waterproof stuff) to stop the wee soaking in so that I can just wipe it clean and disinfect easier between buns. I will then be putting a layer of newspaper down followed by blankets.

They would all have litter trays if they are able and in the litter trays I line with 3 sheets of newspaper, megazorb and then hay :D

Becky86
29-12-2008, 09:15 PM
George and Lottie have newspaper and hay, George uses a litter tray but Lottie doesnt :roll:

Ronnie has Vet bed

Lola has a fleecey blanket as she took a disliking to the vet bed :roll:

Foster buns all have newspaper straw and hay, some are litter trained, some arent :) xXx

dayle_x
29-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for all replies :D 2 of mine are litter trained, im going to aim next year to litter train them all! :D

Ditto! and neuter/spay
Also to bond them all
I've got a job on haven't i!?

Sue&Sooty
29-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I use a thick layer of newspaper on the floors of my hutch and then put hay on top. My lot only ever wee in their litter tray so thats the only place I need to put woodshavings.

My neighbours all give me their old newspapers for the rabbits so I always have loads more than I need. Maybe ask friends, family & neighbours to do the same for you

Jade950
30-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Ditto! and neuter/spay
Also to bond them all
I've got a job on haven't i!?

Yep thats my plan too!! I havent had the money to neuter them this year so next year i plan to neuter and bond them and then hopefully get some bigger runs :D Busy year planned lol!

Jade950
30-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I use a thick layer of newspaper on the floors of my hutch and then put hay on top. My lot only ever wee in their litter tray so thats the only place I need to put woodshavings.

My neighbours all give me their old newspapers for the rabbits so I always have loads more than I need. Maybe ask friends, family & neighbours to do the same for you

Yeah thats what i do, apart from using woodshavings, i dont use them. Is it better to use them aswell? I get quite alot of papers from people at my mums work but some of them are leaving new years eve :(

George&dillon
30-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I have lino, newspaper, megazorb, & hay ;) Floppy isn't trained as such he just goes in the bedroom part :lol: he doesn't sleep in it either bit like a bathroom to him :lol: when i put a litter tray in there he wouldn't go :roll::lol:

Jemma&Theo
31-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Carpet tiles throughout and hay in the bed!!!!

so clean and easy maintaned

FOCUS tiles are 2:50 each and not too corrosive and are too short to nibble - the buns use a toilet so they dont dirty the tiles