• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lining the hutch?

Jade950

Alpha Buck
What do you all use to line the bottom of your hutches? I usually newspaper but it seems like we're always running out ?? Any other ideas?
:wave:

Somepeople line their hutches with vet bed or blankets and just clean out the litter trays daily.
I wish Toffee was litter trained :(

i use news paper, the wood shavings, then hay.
and i put an old towel in there and a fleece blanky :love:

What do you all use to line the bottom of your hutches? I usually newspaper but it seems like we're always running out ?? Any other ideas?
:wave:

I am in the same boat as you! I use newspaper, then wood shavings, then hay and straw. I clean them every day or two days max and at the mo I am buying papers just to put in the hutch! My rabbits are not toilet trained (the mum & dad are not to bad but still go all over the place) ... I have thought about trying to train them both to see if that makes a difference but I have no idea where to start!!

i use newspaper then straw for bed i get in laws to save their papers hubby to bring old ones home from work etc

Some have Lino!

Some just have hay and straw as there good with litter trays.

Some have or used to have megazorb! :D

Next year im aiming for Vet bed! :D:shock:

Thanks for all replies :D 2 of mine are litter trained, im going to aim next year to litter train them all! :D

I know some people who tile and lino theirs.

When I set up my hutches I'm going laminate on the bottom (waterproof stuff) to stop the wee soaking in so that I can just wipe it clean and disinfect easier between buns. I will then be putting a layer of newspaper down followed by blankets.

They would all have litter trays if they are able and in the litter trays I line with 3 sheets of newspaper, megazorb and then hay :D

George and Lottie have newspaper and hay, George uses a litter tray but Lottie doesnt :roll:

Ronnie has Vet bed

Lola has a fleecey blanket as she took a disliking to the vet bed :roll:

Foster buns all have newspaper straw and hay, some are litter trained, some arent :) xXx

I use a thick layer of newspaper on the floors of my hutch and then put hay on top. My lot only ever wee in their litter tray so thats the only place I need to put woodshavings.

My neighbours all give me their old newspapers for the rabbits so I always have loads more than I need. Maybe ask friends, family & neighbours to do the same for you

Ditto! and neuter/spay
Also to bond them all
I've got a job on haven't i!?

Yep thats my plan too!! I havent had the money to neuter them this year so next year i plan to neuter and bond them and then hopefully get some bigger runs :D Busy year planned lol!

I use a thick layer of newspaper on the floors of my hutch and then put hay on top. My lot only ever wee in their litter tray so thats the only place I need to put woodshavings.

My neighbours all give me their old newspapers for the rabbits so I always have loads more than I need. Maybe ask friends, family & neighbours to do the same for you

Yeah thats what i do, apart from using woodshavings, i dont use them. Is it better to use them aswell? I get quite alot of papers from people at my mums work but some of them are leaving new years eve :(

I have lino, newspaper, megazorb, & hay ;) Floppy isn't trained as such he just goes in the bedroom part :lol: he doesn't sleep in it either bit like a bathroom to him :lol: when i put a litter tray in there he wouldn't go :roll::lol:

Carpet tiles throughout and hay in the bed!!!!

so clean and easy maintaned

FOCUS tiles are £2:50 each and not too corrosive and are too short to nibble - the buns use a toilet so they dont dirty the tiles

Back