• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eric had stopped eating and lethargic - update. On the mend

Hello
I hope you don;t mind - I have also put t thread in Health section.
I'm just looking for some advice.

Eric had to be rushed to the vets this morning. He had stopped eating and couldn't wee or poo in his litter tray.
Vet has given him 2 injections. one a anti biotics and one an analgesic(sp)
Vet said his tummy was empty and he was quite cold.

He has been home a couple of hours now and has eaten some hay, I don't think he has been in his litter tray, but haven't been out to him again, whilst on here.

Ernie has been grooming him non-stop

Can anyone advise me how to care for him.
He is in his shed and I have closed the catflap. He is just snuggled up with Ernie.

He is going back to vet tomorrow at 9.30pm

Please could you spare some healing vibes for Eric.
Even just a few, as I have seen there are a lot of poorly rabbits on here at the moment.Hope everyone elses buns are o.k

Thanks

Last edited:
How warm is it in the shed?

Personally I always bring poorly rabboits inside and pop them on a heatmat, sick bunnies can struggle to regulate their own body temperature....especially in this weather and may become hypothermic.

I posted about Metaclopromide on your other thread.

Last edited:
When Arnie had stasis he had to have two injecions a day for gut mobility, might be worth checking that out.

Vicki

Oh no poor Eric! Lots of vibes coming his way. Personally I would bring them both in and keep Eric warm. That way you can also keep a close eye on him. Hope he feels better x

Oh dear. Poor Eric.

Id bring him inside hun, that way you can keep him warm as well as keep a close eye on him :)

x

Hello

Unfortunately, we can't bring Eric indoors, as we now have our new bun, Honey, indoors.

But, just to let you know, Eric has been eating hay and veggies and has had a poo at last. So it looks like we got to the vet in good time.

I am taking him back to the vet tomorrow, so hopefully, he will tell us he is back on track!!
Thank you all for your healing vibes - they seemed to have done the trick.

Back