• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fighting rabbits HELP!!!!!

izzabell

New Kit
Hello, About 5 Weeks Ago My 2 Female Rabbits Each Had A Litter Of Kits . (oh Thanks For Advice About The Runt It Is Doing Well.) But Now We Are Trying To Put All Back Into Same Dwelling All The Bunnies Are Getting Along Well Except For One Female Oreo She Attacks The Other Female Rabbits And Her Kits . What Do I Do ?????
We Love All Of Our Bunnies And I Really Need Them To Get Along.

Sincerly,
Izzabell

I think the only solution is to get them both spayed when you can.it will calm them down and you could try to bond again:D

You will have to keep them seperated for the time being. Oreo could quite easily kill the kits :(. At 5 wks they are still quite young, so maybe its worth waiting a bit longer, but she may never tolerate the other kits. If you rehome them all the two mothers may get on again fine, but spaying them both would still be the best option :)

Hello, About 5 Weeks Ago My 2 Female Rabbits Each Had A Litter Of Kits But Now We Are Trying To Put All Back Into Same Dwelling All The Bunnies Are Getting Along Well Except For One Female Oreo She Attacks The Other Female Rabbits And Her Kits

Oreo is just protecting her babies from the other rabbits which are being put into the cage. This is perfectly normal behaviour. When bonding any rabbits it is best done on totally neutral territory.

What Do I Do ?????

You need to keep them apart for another couple of weeks and then bond them on totally neutral territory, hormones may also be playing a part here and neutering both the females in another 3 weeks time would be a wise option to reduce territorial tension between mums and their babies.

We Love All Of Our Bunnies And I Really Need Them To Get Along.

I am not sure on the size of your set up or the number of rabbits you have or your long term plans for these, I assume that you have large accomodation such as a shed for these buns if they are to get adequate space to move about.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you also considered the implications of putting in young males with your female youngsters and also the two mums. As soon as the males are mature your mums will be expecting again, obviously the baby boys should not be removed from their mums until they are 8 weeks old. They will need neutering if there is a chance of them living happily together or if you have an odd one or two boys for them to be put back in with the group. With such a large group size it is also essential for long term happiness that the females are neutered to ensure the happiness of the group.

Back