• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do people pancuar?

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
Have just tried to start a course of pancuar. For starters, the plunger doesn't click much for each dose, so its so easy to push too much out (i practiced onto a plate :oops:) Giz wriggles too much to squirt it into his mouth, and I'm so worried I'd squeeze too much out, so i tried putting it on some rocket( his fave veg atm) and onto carrot and babycorn etc, but he just nibbles until he gets to the pancuar and then leaves the bit with the medicine on! Any idea's how ican actually get it into him??! I am dreading the next 8 days! :roll:

On the ones I've used there's a ring that you can move so that you don't dispense too much ... do you not have one of these?!

Mine have no problem taking it - wrapped up in a parcel of spring greens! x

Try putting it onto some spring green or whatever and wrapping it up in it , this is how we use to do it with Bunnie until we realised she loved the stuff.

We had her tested for EC and she got all clear so she misses the stuff now:roll:

On the ones I've used there's a ring that you can move so that you don't dispense too much ... do you not have one of these?!

Mine have no problem taking it - wrapped up in a parcel of spring greens! x

Just found the ring, I just thought it was to make the bottom a bit sturdier! It took me long enough to get the lid off!! I tried wrapping it into parcels, but it must smell strong, because he would only eat parcels with none in! :roll:

Be careful with the ring cos they have been known to pop open and thus squirt out a load, it happened to my otherhalf and the whole kitchen and him was pancured:lol:

If do squirt into side of buns mouth make sure hold the ring at same time as pushing in syringe:)

The two I'm doing at the moment love the stuff so I just offer the tube to them and they try and eat the whole thing :D

Definately cheaper but according to my sources it tastes disgusting and requires a treat afterward to take away the taste and it's really messy!!

I've found it less messy than the paste TBH because some bunnies can spit the paste back out, whilst they have little choice but to swallow the liquid. :)

I put it inside a small piece of cabbage for Digger.
Gave it to him first thing in morning, so i knew he would eat it straight away.

If its liquid could you let it soak into some SS pellets?? I have done this with metacam with real success.

need to ask really stupid question but usually my vets give me the panacur paste -i looked on vets online but all i can see is 10%liquid for cats and dogs. is there a specific one for rabbits then???

need to ask really stupid question but usually my vets give me the panacur paste -i looked on vets online but all i can see is 10%liquid for cats and dogs. is there a specific one for rabbits then???

At the dose rate I have given above you can use this for rabbits, it has the same active ingrediant as Panacur paste...the paste was just made to be marketed specifically at rabbits.

I've found it less messy than the paste TBH because some bunnies can spit the paste back out, whilst they have little choice but to swallow the liquid. :)

Hmmmm - need some tips then - although I have to admit most of the mess is made by me putting the syringe down and dispatching bunny :oops:

Back