• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

paddys just toppled over...

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
i can't work out weather paddy is just clumsy or if he has suddenly developed a problem..or if it is still related to him getting scared easily and going stiff...

he has no problems with his balance, until he stands on his back legs and he wobbles a bit, but he has just stood up and fallen backwards :( he is ok, he kind of startled himself and ran about but hes alright again now.

could this be a problem or are some rabbits just clumsy?

he is eating/drinking/pooping and weeing fine and has been since we had him so i just cant work out what it was, unless sometimes it just happens? ive not seen it before though.

Last edited:
Mine do that occassionally an have known them run into each other too :shock: Does he do it often or was it a one off? has he got problems with balance generally? hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along to help :)

My Joey was like that for about 24 hours. He couldn't run though, he just fell over.

It turned out to be an ear infection & he had metacam & baytril & was ok the next day. It can be EC though, & my lot are on their annual 4 weeks panacur treatment now.

I also have a mini lop that falls over - Missy is poorly sighted & hard of hearing, & runs full pelt into stuff:D

I agree with Angie it does indicate a potential issue with either vestibular disease or EC. I would see a vet and look at treatment for both.....you may be lucky enough to catch it before it develops into anything serious such as torticollis.

He did have a long panacur course as a precaution when he was 8 weeks as one of his litter mates died for no apparent reason, but the vet said he didn't suspect EC :? I asked her to give 28 days just in case though, all the other were fine.

I can't remember if Caroline did another 9 day course before he left (it would be on his info sheet), but if not, maybe a 9 day course as a preventative measure would be a good idea.

He did have a long panacur course as a precaution when he was 8 weeks as one of his litter mates died for no apparent reason, but the vet said he didn't suspect EC :? I asked her to give 28 days just in case though, all the other were fine.

I can't remember if Caroline did another 9 day course before he left (it would be on his info sheet), but if not, maybe a 9 day course as a preventative measure would be a good idea.

thanks lucy :)

i'll put him on another course as it isnt on his card. it was only a one off, hes not done it since or hadn't done it before either.

thanks again!

Back