• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freezing cold again

my two pairs of bunnies live in two separate greenhouses - mainly to shield them from the wind, and it gives them some sun during the day

they also have an open door thistle hall packed full of hay and straw to keep them warm, and the rest of the greenhouse to run around in (6x6 and 6x8 in size)

whenever I go to feed them, they want out, big time ! the boys run around the garden sniffing everything and digging, and the girls run around playing too

the question is, in the current freezing cold weather, is it a good idea to let them out ? I noticed their ears get very cold compared when they are inside

I am sure they will be fine.Mine are always out in their run in the cold weather and have been for the last 4 years.They have a lovely warm shed but perfer the cold:roll::lol::lol:

If they are happy to go out then I think its fine as long as they have somewhere nice and cosy to retreat to. I only tend to keep mine in if its very windy/rainy as this seems to bother them more than cold itself.

I am sure they will be fine.Mine are always out in their run in the cold weather and have been for the last 4 years.They have a lovely warm shed but perfer the cold:roll::lol::lol:

My rabbit is the same ... a lovely warm, cosy hutch but prefers the cold, airy run .... madness!

are greenhosues a gd idear they cna get very hot i should knwo in the summer feed my plants in them lol

dont worry, in the summer, the glass doors are replaced by a mesh so there is air circulating, and there is a hinged roof panel

they don't seem to drink any more water during the summer, and there is plenty of shade in the thistle hall, as well their hidey-hole under the giant bale of hay - although they now climb onto this to sit in their favourite vantage point :lol:

Back