• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

panacur liquid and baby buns question

hi there and merry xmas everyone and bunnys.

sorry another panacur question to add to the forum, but i want to make sure i get this correct!!;
i have just bought a bottle of 10% panacur liquid from wormers direct,(after reading on there that it works out alot cheaper than using the paste.
after learning from my vet and reading on here,that we should be panacuring every 6 months i have decided to post a question on here wondering if u guys could help me work out what measurement i need to give them.i went to chemist today and managed to get a 1ml syringe.my 4 pet bunnys are between 9-11 weeks and there small breed.

the lightest weighing in at 0.6 kg and the heaviest is 0.9- that figure is rounded up,but if someone can help me i can wright the exact weights down
can some one confirm to me how much i need to give them im not great at maths and things like this confuzzle me! i understand that we should give them 0.2ml per kg of weight? is that right. and for 9 days?im just wondering if this is ok for young bunnys. i have found a vet in my area who is good with rabbits but of course she is on xmas hols so not available for me to speak to.
also im wanting to get them myxi jabbed,will this interfere with the panacur?should i wait till after 9days.
thanks alot and hope to hear from someone soon so i can get them panacured tonight xx

Last edited:
The dose for the 10% Liquid is 0.2ml/kg

I would complete the Panacur course (9 days) then get the Myxo Vaccs done.
The Panacur should not effect the Vac if done at the same time but personally I dont like to 'overload' a Baby Bun's immune system.

You need to multiply the weight of Bunny in kg by 0.2 to get the dose in mls

So for the 0.6kg Bun its:

0.2 x 0.6 = 0.12mls

For the 0.9kg Bun its:

0.2 x 0.9 = 0.18mls

:)

ok so binky is 0.725
charlee is 0.625
coco-0.875 i believe u rounded him up to 0.9kg? so 0.18mls
and luna being the smalest is 0.6 0.12mls

they were the weights which fiance helped me do, we didnt have very good scales just old ones borrowed from mum in law, will probably buy some baby ones off ebay for next time they need doing.

sorry the above weights do i need to round them up, or down?
im so worried about over dosing them.
will baby rabbits be ok with panacur,i did read a previous post saying if they get sticky bottom to stop it?

ok so binky is 0.725
charlee is 0.625
coco-0.875 i believe u rounded him up to 0.9kg? so 0.18mls
and luna being the smalest is 0.6 0.12mls

they were the weights which fiance helped me do, we didnt have very good scales just old ones borrowed from mum in law, will probably buy some baby ones off ebay for next time they need doing.

sorry the above weights do i need to round them up, or down?
im so worried about over dosing them.
will baby rabbits be ok with panacur,i did read a previous post saying if they get sticky bottom to stop it?

Binky- 0.725 x 0.2 = 0.145mls
Charlee- 0.625 x 0.2 = 0.125mls
Coco - 0.875 x 0.2 = 0.175mls
Luna - 0.6 x 0.2 = 0.12mls

I have never had a problem giving Panacur to a Baby Bun. But should you do so I would stop the treatment and consult your Vet.

:)

thanks alot for doing that :eek:) . i will start the 9day course this evening.
once the bottle is opened how long can i keep it for as i can only find a best before date which is 2011.
am i best to syringe this into their mouths, i dont suppose i can really squirt it on to veggies yet as i do worry about delicate tummies at this age.
thanks again!!

My vets have told me in the past that the manufacturers have used Panacur on 3 day old kits without problems.

Back