• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary panels

Chop your wood to size (jigsaw or handsaw) ... mine were 6ft uprights and 3ft at the top and bottom :) Screw them together and then staple your weld mesh to the frame :) If I can do it anyone can :) :lol: The you just screw them all together to make a tall run. You can add a top too using the same method.

Chop your wood to size (jigsaw or handsaw) ... mine were 6ft uprights and 3ft at the top and bottom :) Screw them together and then staple your weld mesh to the frame :) If I can do it anyone can :) :lol: The you just screw them all together to make a tall run. You can add a top too using the same method.

Do you have any pics?

Where did you get the mesh? As thats main concern.

Would love to do it myself though :) I like a challenge.

I got a huge roll of mesh from Ebay :oops: Here are piccies of one I had made, its about 8.5ft x 8ft. Cant remember exactly. I had the roof covered in plastic corrugated panels. I saw how easy it was to make and made a small one myself. The hutch Bunningham Palace is massive and has a ramp up to save run space.

abun154.jpg

abun153.jpg

Me and my OH made all our runs too. It is very easy - and means you can make your run to exactly the size you want. However do wear gloves when handling the wire - it hurts:shock:

We have the mesh, and are too going to do this as priority in the new year :roll: Im going to hopefully make it so we can walk into the run so cleaning out is easy :) How do you secure it down to the slabs? :) We shall bolt the panel that mets the shed, to the shed... if that makes sense :? xXx

You can actually buy Aviary panels round here, but for a 6ftx3ft panel theyre £20, cheaper to make your own hun :) xXx

Mine arent attached to the slabs the runs are so very heavy and wont move :) I have a couple of dog kennel runs which are walk in but they were very expensive :oops: the aviaries work out alot cheaper and are walk in too.

Mine arent attached to the slabs the runs are so very heavy and wont move :) I have a couple of dog kennel runs which are walk in but they were very expensive :oops: the aviaries work out alot cheaper and are walk in too.

Good Point, they'd be very heavy so wouldnt need bolting down, unless theres muscly foxes round here :lol: :roll::?

Your run looks amazing btw xXx

Wow brillant ideas.

I did look at buying the panels but there isnt much point. I can easily make some, have made the mesh doors for playhouses so far! Minus Violets as i have changed that.

Oooo am excited now!

Where do you get the plastic roof stuff? :D

I have just been researching and found this place here http://www.westhagleyaviaries.co.uk/menu/menu.htm. The charge £12 for 6x3 panel and a bit more for a panel with a door. I think their panels almost as cheap as doing it yourself. And less painful. You would just have to attach the panels together, and then add the roof (very cheap from B&Q).

I have just been researching and found this place here http://www.westhagleyaviaries.co.uk/menu/menu.htm. The charge £12 for 6x3 panel and a bit more for a panel with a door. I think their panels almost as cheap as doing it yourself. And less painful. You would just have to attach the panels together, and then add the roof (very cheap from B&Q).

I got ready made panels like those from an ebay guy. They were fitted together with heavy duty cable ties. I put corrugated sheets on the roof this week to keep it dry in there. It's great for sitting in with the buns, and easy to clean - I chuck a bucket of disinfectant down and scrub it with a yard broom every weekend, and a good sweep every night once I've hutched the buns keeps it all shiny clean!

Back