PDA

View Full Version : How to stop lil wanderers?

sweetcheeksemma
28-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Well Diesel is on the bottom hutch floor and everytime I open his door to give him food of a fuss he always seems to get out and try and escape. How can I stop it? :?:roll:

*lily*
28-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Does he get to go in a run during the day? If not, he is probably bored and longing for a run around.

sweetcheeksemma
28-12-2008, 04:08 PM
He gets to run in the morning so I dont know, maybe I will swap him round with another bun to get him higher. Maybe he is just young and adevnturose :roll::lol:

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 04:10 PM
He gets to run in the morning so I dont know, maybe I will swap him round with another bun to get him higher. Maybe he is just young and adevnturose :roll::lol:

Maybe he wants more space? a run attached to his hutch

Fran
28-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Maybe he wants more space? a run attached to his hutch

I agree. He probably wants to run around more and from what I can remember your hutches aren't the biggest so might be an idea to sort out attached runs for them? :)

sweetcheeksemma
28-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I agree. He probably wants to run around more and from what I can remember your hutches aren't the biggest so might be an idea to sort out attached runs for them? :)

They are 6ft so how bigger do you expect them to be?? Well they go in runs in the day so I dont know what more I can do :?

KarenM
28-12-2008, 05:33 PM
The hutches themselves sound like the perfect size ;) but ideally bunnies should have access to a run at all times as well as their hutch. :)

I think it's just their curious nature though - Alfie has the run of the garden for a while every day and he spends most of it trying to get into the house - purely because he knows he's not supposed to and he sees it as a challenge. :lol:

*lily*
28-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Why not attach their runs permanently to their hutches? That way they can come and go as they please.

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Are they the hutches you posted pics of the other day? they dont look 6ft?:?

*lily*
28-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Must have missed this. Have you a link to the hutch piccies?

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Here you go
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160584

Fran
28-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Are they the hutches you posted pics of the other day? they dont look 6ft?:?

That's what I thought.. :?

*lily*
28-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Hmmm not possible to attach runs then from the pics or are they now in 6ft hutches in the garden?

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 06:23 PM
That's what I thought.. :?

Unless the lying down mini lop is 3ft long?

*lily*
28-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Wow I didn't know they could grow that big :shock:

Becky86
28-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Unless the lying down mini lop is 3ft long?

:lol: That made me Laugh out loud :oops: Getting evils from OH now :lol:

Emma... Lola does this too even though she has over 6 hours of the lounge daily :? Think its like a game to them :) They know it makes us mad! :shock: xXx

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 07:35 PM
:lol: That made me Laugh out loud :oops: Getting evils from OH now :lol:

Emma... Lola does this too even though she has over 6 hours of the lounge daily :? Think its like a game to them :) They know it makes us mad! :shock: xXx

Sorry:lol:

Becky86
28-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry:lol:

;) xXx

charlie82
28-12-2008, 08:17 PM
They are beautifully made hutches... but a couple of hours out a day is not enough for any rabbit.... even if they are in six foot (or four foot as they look) hutches.

Do you keep your bunnies to show them? :)

Amy & Amber
28-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Please remember that Emma is only young, lets try abit of constructive posting instead of sniping. People do actually learn better that way :D

Thank You.

SOAD
28-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree with Amy, please can you all think before you post :D

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Ok,but what i cant understand is people comming on here lying and making things up when its obvious if u post pics your going to get found out

Fran
28-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Ok,but what i cant understand is people comming on here lying and making things up when its obvious if u post pics your going to get found out

I agree. They're clearly not 6 foot :?

Don't really have any other advice Emma, but I do think he (and the others) need more space and more time in their runs. He's also probably a nosey bunny too :)

SOAD
28-12-2008, 08:39 PM
It might be a little bit of confusion, I know I use to think Beatrix was a french lop :oops::lol::lol::lol: she is tiny :lol::lol::lol:

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 08:40 PM
It might be a little bit of confusion, I know I use to think Beatrix was a french lop :oops::lol::lol::lol: she is tiny :lol::lol::lol:

What:shock:

SOAD
28-12-2008, 08:53 PM
What:shock:

The size thing people get it wrong :lol::lol::lol:, I think it was because an old member use to say hers was a frenchlop and he looked like Beatrix in size and looks, so I thought they were the same :lol::lol::lol:

Jack-Bun
28-12-2008, 08:54 PM
The size thing people get it wrong :lol::lol::lol:, I think it was because an old member use to say hers was a frenchlop and he looked like Beatrix in size and looks, so I thought they were the same :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to be stupid, but who's Beatrix?:oops:

Jack x

SOAD
28-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry to be stupid, but who's Beatrix?

Jack x

My rabbit :lol::lol::lol: check out my avitar thingy :lol::lol::lol:

Jack-Bun
28-12-2008, 09:03 PM
My rabbit :lol::lol::lol: check out my avitar thingy :lol::lol::lol:

Ohh Im sorry xx:oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

bluebunny
28-12-2008, 09:07 PM

Oh i get you now:lol: but those hutches are not 6ft;)

Deelove
28-12-2008, 09:26 PM

People want to show they're doing things right I guess and want approval. If any one has lied I'm sure it is because they are worried about getting criticized.

I would try lots of things to distract them. Min love old cerial boxes stuffed with hay and herbs, and magazines to destroy. Seems to distract them from wanting to escape. :D

*Spider*
28-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Ghostie does this occasionally, sometimes if i go further into the kennel she'll make a run for it. She is being naughty as she wants some free ranging time.
He just probably is getting excited as he wants to have a wee run :)
She lives in a 12.5ftx6.5ft dog kennel do i doubt she needs more space :lol: She just loves free ranging so much, same with Emma's bun, loves his run time so tries to make a cheeky dash for it :)

*Spider*
28-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Just read rest of thread :?
I must admit some hutches are smaller than others but i posted a picture of the guinea pig's enclosure and even i thought the picture didn't do it justice of it's size (6ft).
I KNOW Emma is dedicated to her buns, and she's only a juniour members and i'm sure improvements will be made when they grow bigger :)