• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

BunMom

Alpha Buck
Hi! My name is Madea and I have been a bunny slave for three years now. I have to say I love my job. I currently have two bunnies, one agouti Netherland Dwarf boy named, Brown Rabbit:lol:, yes, really, he came with name Brownie. He was dropped off at the pet store I worked at in a cage not even large enough for a rat. It was so covered and caked in feces that the bottom tray wouldn't even come off and the people turned him in because he was "disgusting". I was so angry:evil::evil::evil: They are the ones who are disgusting! Anyway, since they apparently never took him out of the cage, he came home with me to be socialized-and ended up bonding with my two girls and staying.:love: BTW, the nasty cage went directly into the rubbish.
I also have a siamese sable Netherland Dwarf mix. Her name is Smokey. She was originally a boy...uh, hem...we got her/him as a companion for my bunny friend CoCo. Well, we took (him) to the vet for his neutering only to have them call my husband and inform him that the surgery could not be done..because Smokey was a girl! :oops: It explained alot about the difficulty I was having bonding my buns.
I also had a Holland(Mini) Lop baby girl, named CoCo Bean. She also came into the pet store as an owner surrender because they were moving to New Mexico. I lived in Colorado at the time. She was in a cage that was 24" x 14" and very aggressive. No one else at the store would handle her so she came home with me. She was my first rabbit. Everyone in my house got bit by her on almost a daily basis. You couldn't even get near her if she was out of the cage and got attacked when feeding/cleaning/watering..any activity in her cage. We had her spayed and that calmed her down ALOT. It took about three months but she turned from a terror to a lover. We never knew how old she was. They said she was 18 months when she was dropped off. She had scarring on both eyes that the vet said was from an untreated infection and was also mostly, if not completely deaf. She would scare me to death lying flopped out in her cage and not moving unless you touched her. About a year ago she started to get stiff in her left hind leg. A trip to the vet diagnosed her with an old spinal injury with arthritis developing. Metacam helped for a while but then stopped. The arthritis became progressively worse affecting her whole left side. She started chiropractic and laser therapy a few months ago and that helped alot. Plus, she loved it! Unfortunately, she lost the fight on December 13th. I found her in the morning. CoCo had a beautiful spirit. She was my heart bunny, I buried a piece of my soul when I buried her.
On a funny note...the people that dumped her off came into the store about 6 months after I adopted her. I asked them about the move. She looked shocked and then said, "oh, we changed our mind". :roll: Regardless, I am forever grateful that I was able to have da Bean in my life.
Sorry about the rambling...it is nice to meet you all.

Madea

Back