• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weighing bunny

Gregory is feeling a bit boney again and I would like to have him weighed (I'm a bit paranoid as he lost a lot of weight very quickly a couple of months ago and nearly died) - I don't habve anny scales at home so do you think I will be able to make an appointment to see a nurse at the vets to have it done? Do you think they'll mind?

I'm giving him porridge again just to be on teh safe side. I'd be concerned if he has lost weight as he is now eating hay again - I may well be being paranoid!

:wave: Give them a ring and see - a lot of vets do run free health clinics with the nurses so no harm in ringing to find out.

Do you have any kitchen scales? A lot of them will reset to zero when you put a container on them so you could see if you could get a cheap pair in the sales and use them to weigh him at home. I got a pair of really cheap digital ones from Argos for under a fiver and they are accurate to the gram so they are great for weighing the little ones :)

If there are scales in the waiting room at the vets just walk in and weigh the rabbit. You shouldn't need to make an appointment to see the nurse if you don't want to :)

When Bella was loosing weight and on treatment, we had to go every week, sometimes twice a week, it was a free health check with the Nurse and really helped.

Sleep tight Bella :(

Back