• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! think Gretel may have bitten Gregory!

Just got home and picked Gregory up for a cuddle. As I was stroking his ears I felt something scratchy, looked and he has a scab on his ear, about 1.5cm long. I wonder if Gretel had nipped him? I have never seen them fight and they are fine now, grooming etc.

Should I do anything?

I found a scab on Molly's belly a couple of months back, and it must have been milly who had bitten her. Unless they fight often and really badly, I'd keep them together.

Thank you for replying so quickly! I don;t think it's mites as it's a thin straight scab if that makes sense? I imagine mites would make more of a round scab? I will keep my eye on it though te be sure.

If his nails are sharp he could have caught himself scratching?
Or on any lose wire/branches/anything like that.
When I had Charlie with his sister and they started fighting - trust me you knew about it :( It's one of the scariest thing you ever see/hear and mine came out with more than one injury before they were split up.

Their ears are quite delicate so he may well have scratched himself with a claw or something around the house. Unless there are signs of them not getting on seperating them would (in my opinion) be a mistake.

Their ears are quite delicate so he may well have scratched himself with a claw or something around the house. Unless there are signs of them not getting on seperating them would (in my opinion) be a mistake.

Thank you all! I really don't want to separate them so I'm glad you've all said that! It would ahve seemed a bit pointless as like I say, they seem fine together! I'll have to watch them though - she is a little madam bless her!

Back