• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phoebe (guinea pig) has gone to the bridge

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
When i went to feed the piggies this morning i found Phoebe lying on her side unable to move. I phoned the vets and rushed her straight there. She was lifeless and seemed only able to move her head. She did nibble on a piece of apple in the car though.

The vet said that she had no feeling or use at all of her front or back legs. She was twitching too. She couldnt move at all, although it was clear that she was trying to by the way she was moving her head. Phoebe was grinding her teeth and i knew she was in pain. The vet did not think it was vitamin C deficiency. When she was touching her limbs, she did not respond to any pain at all or even basic reflexes.

She was PTS this morning :cry::cry:. I am very upset.

We think Phoebe had some sort of neurological problem, perhaps due to a stroke. Has anyone else experienced complete paralysis in a guinea pig??

Last edited:
Back