• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly Question..

Isis

Mama Doe
My Wispa has free run of my bedroom, is out most of the day when I am here with him. But when it is time for him to go to bed, he is a nightmare trying to get him to bed. He runs under my bed, which he knows I cannot reach him. He then runs out the other side and then jumps into his basket (dog bed) He sees me coming and runs under my bed again, it's like he knows and is teasing me.. Saying "look at me, I'm faster then you". I have to out smart him, either with a carrot, which he loves at the moment, or with his soft toy, that he loves.. Before I can pick him up and put him to bed. Any other time he loves to be picked up and cuddled, but at bedtime he becomes a little terror.

Does anyone else have trouble putting their buns to bed? What stories do you have where you rabbit out smarts you?

That made me laugh because that is exactly what Honey and Wesley do and I end up crawling under the bed. The best way I find of getting them back is not feeding them their pellets and they should come back for pellets.

My foster bun does this. She knows that she has to go in the hutch at night, but prefers the idea of sitting in her run. She has learned that I cannot reach her in the far corner, so she scoots down to the far end as soon as she sees the top of the hutch open. Then, when I get in the bottom, crawling round with my backside in the air, she scoots up the top and sits eating her food until I stand up again, then she's back in the run again, and so on for about 10 minutes before I finally catch her out! :roll: :lol:

Charlie runs straight to bed by himself when I stand up and say "bed" to him :D

He used to be a nightmare though, it'd take at least 20 mins to catch him. But I've blocked off most of the big gaps he could hide in so he can't totally get away anyway.

Back