• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you attach a run to front of shed/playhouse?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
We need to give the group of 5 more space. There shed is currently 6x4 and less than 2months old. Therefore i would like to keep it and extend onto it. Either to the front of the side, with a run. If attaching to front would need a high run, (as in one i can stand in). If attaching to side, it could be a normal sized run. Would ideally like to attach to front.

How?! Is my question.

I'd just make the run like you would any other and then drill a number of holes through the frame and through into the shed, and put some huge great bolts through to join the two together :) If the two parts don't exactly match up you can just use some fillets of wood to fill the gaps and these can be drilled and bolted together as part of the main structure. You can then cut a hole and install a catflap as an access point :)

I would probably use aviary panels and screw them to the frame of the shed. You could make the hole for a cat flap on the door :) I made some aviary panels 6 x 3 and they really arent hard to do :) One with the door to get it may be trickier though.

Back