• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure what to do about bailey and alyssa

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
hmmm,,, they've been together a good while.

Bailey is abit scared of her i think but she grooms him, he grooms her, they snuggle together during the day and on an evening...

but there is a massive amount of chasing, no fighting.

hmm.
what should i do?

How long have they been together for?? I'm guessing no blood has been drawn?

m
xx

well shes nipped him and hes got scabs on his leg, although ive not noticed them before they could have been there a while, or he could have caught himself on the cage as even if shes not chasing him he runs into things.

She is flopped out now, and he is laid with her :?

im just not sure whether to keep them together...

sometimes the bond takes a while to form, believe it or not peanut n jelly took about 2 months to get to stage domino and pebbles did in about 4 days.

they just werent close, she chased him alot n they snuggled only sometimes, but as time went on they got closer. i think its hard bcus you naturally compare them to your other pairs, but if you dont think bailey is stressed and theres been no fights i would stick it out :D

its hard to tell if baileys stressed or not. he changed almost over night when they got married... but hes naturally cautious. its been about 6 weeks i think.

Are either of them showing signs of being distressed?
If not then I would persevere for a little longer.....Bobby & Pippa took around 2 months to stop chasing at feeding time (and sometimes with no obvious trigger) and then they were inseperable. :)

they both seem ok... alyssa is a nervous bun when it comes to hoomins, but she seems comfy.

whats wierd is the amount she grooms him.
it seems to start when bailey thumps and then she chases him.

I think its just taking a little longer for them to settle down. Id just keep a close eye on them for the next couple of weeks and just see how i pans out.

m
xx

ive read somewhere that chasing in the wild is a form of courtship... maybe they just playing hun

alvin and pearl have chased right round the house a few times in the last year... as im about to panic that its a fight i find em snuggled together :love:

Back