• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies Christmas Dinner!!

dayle_x

Mama Doe
I made my bunnys a christmas dinner this year and aswell as their regular food & hay they got;
a huuuuuuage cabbage leaf,
a carrot,
2/3 sprouts
and a bit of broccoli each :)

Heres piccies;
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

As you can see my hutches are a mess - they were 2nd hand and the other bunnies sprayed all over them. I was gonna paint them & add lino in the summer but i am thinking of sheds so i dunno yet

Enjoy the piccies and the rest of xmas & new year xx

Are they indoor or outdoor bunnies, as I can't see any straw to keep them warm at night. I have some second hand hutches that I use to attach to runs on the grass, as long as they have been cleaned they are fine to use.
Are the bunnies used to that amount of veg, be careful because they can easily get upset stomaches.
Forgot to add - one looks like my Parsley:love:

Last edited:
They are gorgeous bunnies and a few spray stains don't really matter as long as they have been well scrubbed but I agree with Hb they need hay even if they are indoor buns. :thumb:

:wave: lucky lucky bunnies. I love the way you laid it all out. What a treat. You have inspired me - now I'm off to tesco!!

xxx

P.S beautiful pictures

Beautiful bunnies :love: A wee tip though: I have found peeling a carrot until there is nothing left and then feeding the bunnies the peels is an easier way for them to ingest it. They only have teeny mouths after all although the gnawing will do their teeth good.
Also I would put in piles of hay into their hutches, they need fibre just as we need air to breathe.

Awww some lovely buns there:love:,Might be easier for you to clean out if you used litter trays with hay on top of the bedding thats what i use,Do you breed your rexes?

Yeah they are used to lots of veg i just don't normally set it out all nicely haha
they are in a garage with a heater and that was just before i'd put their hay in.

As you can see some of them use litter trays, infact all but one used to be litter trained, then they found it funner to throw them in the air, even though they have plenty of toys!!

I used to breed rexes and mini lops but only on a very small scale, i've had 3 litters in 2 years and i am giving up and hopefully having them as a big group of pets!

Back