• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this?

I do believe the Hickory Playhouse is a firm favorite here on RU. I've seen loads of adapted one on here. I'm sure someone can post photos of their own.

Go for it!!

m
xx

Mmmm I have something similar disassembled in my shed. The prob I have with it is looking at the door, could I get in to clean it out at the back (they always choose to poo and wee at the back, where I can't reach - little devils!) otherwise I think it will be great. Any ideas?
Bobbin

I built a 4' X 4' playhouse (not as fancy as THAT!) for my group of 5 Dutches. It is GREAT for them.....but I wasn't clever enough to think of the width of my shoulders for cleaning out! :oops: :roll: :lol: So it is VERY uncomfortable for me to clean it out, I have to wedge my shoulders through diagonally whilst I'm doing it! NOT the most comfortable scenario.....but I can't be bothered to pull it apart again and make the doorway bigger.....it has never leaked or anything, and I don't want to press my luck! :lol:

I built a 4' X 4' playhouse (not as fancy as THAT!) for my group of 5 Dutches. It is GREAT for them.....but I wasn't clever enough to think of the width of my shoulders for cleaning out! :oops: :roll: :lol: So it is VERY uncomfortable for me to clean it out, I have to wedge my shoulders through diagonally whilst I'm doing it! NOT the most comfortable scenario.....but I can't be bothered to pull it apart again and make the doorway bigger.....it has never leaked or anything, and I don't want to press my luck! :lol:

Yep this is exactly what I'm afraid of.... though I may have a go at building something at the back, so I don't have to stretch too far in (have a back problem:()

Bobbin

I have one :D I attached a run to the front of it and I think it is a good size. I can easily walk in to clean it out but it is only 5 ft tall so you do have to bend over.

They usually have them on display in the stores :)

I will go try it out instore :lol:

We have a playhouse already, which is 5x5x5 so i know what you mean about space :D

Back