• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for Lola please!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!
Sorry to post on Xmas Day but just come home to check on Lola and she is seriously nesting after being speyed two weeks ago.

She has ripped all her paper up and hay and is carting bit of hay and paper about and I dont know what to do!

Shall I just leave her to make her nest? Dopes she need to see the veTS?

She is scoffing like a horse and very perky but nesting like fury.

Any advice from anyone?

Thank you so much x x x x

Happy Christmas x x x x

Hi Cat

Yes you need to leave her be to make her nest until her body tells her she is 'no longer pregnant'. It can take up to two weeks I'm afraid but usually lasts just a few days. Don't take the nest away until she has finished with it because she will just start over again.

Juno is either building a nest or a fort at the moment....I'm not quite sure yet, every now and then this little bum sticks out but she's still shaping her 'developement'. :lol::lol:

Merry Christmas :wave:

Awww bless her it must be horrid feeling like that - at least while she is busy nest building she isnt causing other trouble ;)

I can now report that Juno has built herself a fort and not a nest....she has been hiding and burrowing in it all evening :lol:

Poor little Lola's having a phantom pregnancy. She'll be fine once the hormones have stopped raging and it's best to just leave her to it as trying to stop her natural urge to build a nest for her imaginary babies will just make her more miserable.

Should I give ehr a little furry toy or something?

I have added loads of things to her cage to help her out like papersafe bedding and I wont touch it until she has it out of her system.

Bless he3r - her little nest looks so cosy!!!

No, I wouldn't give her a soft toy as a surrogate baby as it will only encourage her to carry the phantom on longer.

Thank you!
She is bezzing around back garden at moment and not interested in nesting - but as soon as she gets back in cage she starts!

(I have taken little furry teddy out - ) thank you!

Back