• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

16 year old bunny...

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I was talking to a customer at work last night who said someone had told her I 'knew about rabbits'. She was after some information for a friend on where to get a new rabbit from, her friends had died from EC recently (hind legs went) :cry::cry:. I passed on some details for BARC.

We then had a chat about bunnies in general and it turned out that her last house bunny had lived until 16!!! I'm so jealous, I would love to share that long with a bunny....my oldest ever was only 8 :(.

Wow 16 :shock:

My eldest one lived to 8 as well. My others have all been much younger :(

A lot of really old bunnies seem to be indoor bunnies. My oldest was 12, when he died earlier this year, and he lived indoors all his life. Now all my bunnies are outdoors, I hope they will still live to a good age. My oldest one at the moment is Snoopy, he'll be 3 years old soon.

The oldest rabbit I ever had was Fluffy, she was 10 when she died, she lived outside with her sister (Floppy who was either 8 or 9) in a hutch and run that my dad had made. It was so huge both me and my sister could climb in and still be able to move about quite freely. We'd had them since I was 4, Fluffy passed away when I was 14.

When I first got Frank, my friend in Florida was telling me about her rabbit who died a few years ago. He lived to be 17 and I was flabberghasted when she told me that.

This one was an outdoor bunny until she hit 14 and then they decided to bring her inside. :)

What an amazing age to get a bunny to.My oldest was JoJo.he was ten and a half I came down one morning and he'd had a stroke so I had him PTS,I didn't realise at the time you could get a bunny over a stroke

The awful thing is that my rabbit that lived to 8 was years ago when I was a teenager. She was unneutered, not vaccinated, lived on crappy mix although she did have a large hutch and run and we did feed her hay everyday.

Despite a much better diet, neutered, vaccinated etc my Simba only made it to 3 years old :(

The awful thing is that my rabbit that lived to 8 was years ago when I was a teenager. She was unneutered, not vaccinated, lived on crappy mix although she did have a large hutch and run and we did feed her hay everyday.

Despite a much better diet, neutered, vaccinated etc my Simba only made it to 3 years old :(

OMG my 8 year old was the same, she was also a lop and never had teeth problems!!! She didn't really have an adequate sized hutch but she free ranged in the garden all day....despite being able to escape into next doors she never did.

I was 8 when I got her and she was a aggressive moo but I loved her to pieces :love:

My 12-year old was fed rabbit mix, and he never ate any hay. He was very fussy with his food. He didn't like many vegetables, either, not even carrots. He loved wild herbs like dandelion and other plants which I don't know the English name of. In winter he mostly ate lambs lettuce. He had a few dental problems when he was 10, and then a stroke at 11, but other than that he was always healthy. Some bunnies are just tough. :)

Back