• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Christmas Wish

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
A Rabbit's Christmas Wish

Spare a thought for me this year, whilst your all eating your lunches,
I sit here alone in my hutch, wondering why you don't come and see me anymore.
You brought me home this time last year, you wouldn't leave me alone,
You loved coming to play with me, you'd always get me out for cuddles.
I can see you all from my house, playing with your new puppy,
How long before he is locked inside a cage for days on end?

Will you remember to bring me some food later?
Will you clean my hutch and give me some warm bedding?
Will you turn me over to the neighbour who keeps offering to 'take me off your hands?'
Will you remember I exist or am I consigned to this lingering fate, hungry but unable to eat,
Cold but unable to get warm, thirsty but unable to drink.

Remember me this Christmas Day.

:cry: How sad. :cry: Awh I feel so sorry for all the buns going through that, and I just feel guilty I cant rescue them all.
I cant get away from my buns on christmas day (or any day in-fact) and I just feel that this poem is so true because it does happen, and those people are just cruel and selfish!

Oooops, I didn't meant to make anyone cry or feel guilty when I wrote this....sorry :oops::oops:

Oh my goodness that is so sad :cry: Wishing everybun can find their forever home in 2009 with a mummy & daddy that will adore them xxxxx

That is so sad!!! :cry::cry::cry: I'm going to go out and give my rabbits a big cuddle.

Me too! In fact whilst everybody else here snooozes in front of the telly as we have just finished our nutroast, I am going out to cleanout and cuddle some more of my buns.

Let's make 2009 a better year for all domestic rabbits - please!!!

This has made me very weepy.

Me too! In fact whilst everybody else here snooozes in front of the telly as we have just finished our nutroast, I am going out to cleanout and cuddle some more of my buns.

Let's make 2009 a better year for all domestic rabbits - please!!!

This has made me very weepy.

I've spent most of my day with the buns :love:
I have big plans for them next year, gonna improve all there accommodation and bond them :)

Gem - Nice write, made people consider there buns :wave:

Back