• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

he wont stop mounting her!

:wave: its day 4 of bonding Shauny and Sophie, and hes been so good but today (last 4 hrs) he wnt stop mounting her, hes obsessed!.

.Hes stopped mounting her head which he did the last 2 nights and has now moved to her bum, she just gets up and moves, bless her, she has been flopping after he does this but he keeps trying (can see hes getting on her nerves)

Should i be splitting them up, or just letting them get on with it???.
x

I am having the same thing with the two I am bonding. I have been slightly concerned but only because the fella is bigger than the tiny wee Nala.

But, unless there is aggression, you shouldn't split them up. This is what bunsters do and if not sexual, it's to sort out the pecking order and is therefore very important that they do it and come to a conclusion.

Hope they calm down soon.

I'd let them carry on. If she gets totally fed up of it she might start fighting when he does it, then you might want to split them up.

Hi

Hunny and Mustard were the same, he is only small, but he humped her for 3 days! :lol: She looked like she was getting really fed up with it, she'd be constantly running away and wedging her bum in the corner of the hutch. Then, just when I thought she was going to retaliate, he stopped and they started just cuddling up together. There was never any fur pulling, biting or violence, just the mounting. Now, Mustard is still the smallest, but has the biggest attitude! :lol:

I hope Shauny and Sophie settle soon!

unless he is unneutered(in which case this behaviour will go on adn on until he is neutered) then i would leave tehm to it as he is establishing dominance after a few days teh novelty should wwear off and things should settle down. xx

Back