• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pair do not get on anymore...??

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Sebastian has decided that he does not like Jack anymore :cry:

He constantly chases him around and poor little Jack is so small i worry about him. So today enough was enough and i separated them. Luckily their hutch can be split as it is 2 tiers.

but what do i do now...

I hate the thought of them living alone (well Jack anyway, not sure Sebastian cares!)

Do i try and bond them with one of my other buns (I have 2 other groups of 3 who at the mo get along great). Which would mean spliting bonded groups with the risk of them not going back together if it does not work.

Get Jack a new friend? Rehome Sebastian???????? :?

I just don't know :cry:

Sorry it hasn't worked out. If you can afford another bun get another one to pair up with. If not could you not put them in separate hutches and runs and put them near each other so they have company that way. I'm splitting my room in two for my two as I am having trouble rebonding them.

hi.

I have been thinking of what to do and yes getting them new friends sounds lovely but I already have 8 buns and have to be realistic at the mo what with money.

I only have 1 girl bun (spayed) but she is very happy with her 2 boyfriends! So i can't put her with Sebastian as I think he wants to live with a girl bun and one bigger than him too!

Jack is not neutered yet as still no sign of plums (he's so wriggly to check too but i'm pretty sure he's a boy).

I'm going to try and bond Jack into a group of 3 another nethie, a very sweet REW mini lop and a lionhead x minilop. All neutered boys (accept Oscar who never had plums either!) Then joining up 2 hutches so the 4 of them have loads of space :)

I might get sebastian a girlfriend :? He's a mini rex, any suggestions of a nice girly needing a home?

xx

hi.
Jack is not neutered yet as still no sign of plums (he's so wriggly to check too but i'm pretty sure he's a boy).

All neutered boys (accept Oscar who never had plums either!)

Is Sebastian neutered? If Jack is going through the teenager stage prior to developing then that may well be why Sebastian doesn't like him.

And Oscar doesn't sound very male to me ...... :?

Is Sebastian neutered? If Jack is going through the teenager stage prior to developing then that may well be why Sebastian doesn't like him.

And Oscar doesn't sound very male to me ...... :?

Oscar has EC when he was a baby, we think that is why he never developed properly.

Well I put Jack with Oscar, Carrot and Brian in the bathroom today... all went well, Brian was quite rough with jack to start with but soon forgot about that.

I want to put all 4 together but with them all being boys i felt it was asking for trouble...

So after gaining a lovely thistle hall (thanks jemma!) Jack and Oscar now live together in that (both little nethies) and Brian and Carrot have their hutch just for the 2 of them :D

All I have to do now is decide what to do with Sebastian, I think the best bet is get him a girlfriend (but just need to convince the OH!)

And little Jack himself :D
SDC10684.jpg

Well I put Jack with Oscar, Carrot and Brian in the bathroom today... all went well, Brian was quite rough with jack to start with but soon forgot about that.

I want to put all 4 together but with them all being boys i felt it was asking for trouble...

So after gaining a lovely thistle hall (thanks jemma!) Jack and Oscar now live together in that (both little nethies) and Brian and Carrot have their hutch just for the 2 of them :D

All I have to do now is decide what to do with Sebastian, I think the best bet is get him a girlfriend (but just need to convince the OH!)

And little Jack himself :D
SDC10684.jpg

aww what a cute bunny :love:

Back