• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any advice for administering baytril?

emsie_81

Young Bun
Hello, has anyone any advice for how to adminster baytril to a bun who really doesnt want to take it? I'm struggling to hold onto her while i get the syringe into her cheek :roll:

A friend has suggested wrapping her in a towel so she cant struggle so much, is there anything else i can try as well? Could i put it on her food to get her to take it?

Thank you!

I put mine on the pellets and then I wipe up the bowl with a small piece of banana so that the full dose goes in.

I dip the syringe in honey or jam, insert it in the gep between the incisors and molars and direct it across the tongue (not towards the throat). I'm through with trying to placate them into eating it now....I no longer have the patience :oops::oops::oops:

i have slipped it into a whole in apple or put it onto a srping green leaf to get tehm to take it or in the syringe add a bit of neat ribeana. xx

I was told to put it in her water, which I wasn't keen on, as she is not gaurenteed to take it all!I am currently wrapping Sophs in a towel.

My lot are fussy and know when theres meds in the food :lol: I just hold em down and syringe... they dont struggle much, just dont syringe it into the throat do it across the tounge. :)

I mix mine with a bit of pineapple juice to sweeten it and then put them on a table it us easy to use the syringe then as they can't run off

I simply use towel and wrap around him tight. And when you insert the baytril, put it half way thru the mouth (middle of the tongue) so it won't leak out

Back