• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ahh >.<

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Had a call asking if i had any baby rabbits for a christmas present :evil:

I simply explained the costs of 3 vaccs a year, worming, accomodation, runs, emergency vets etc. At least if they still do try to find one, they know full well the expense they are letting themselves in for.

I was thinking that!

Apparently they were let down by a breeder :roll:

Christmas eve and shopping for a life... great start aye

Had a call asking if i had any baby rabbits for a christmas present :evil:

I simply explained the costs of 3 vaccs a year, worming, accomodation, runs, emergency vets etc. At least if they still do try to find one, they know full well the expense they are letting themselves in for.

i dont think its a bad idea to get as a christmas gift.. provided they have thought everythign through and know the score and also that they will be the sole carer and take full responsibility i think its nice when an animal gets ahome for xmas.... but i know what you mean...still its good they came to a rescue for advice?!

i dont think its a bad idea to get as a christmas gift.. provided they have thought everythign through and know the score and also that they will be the sole carer and take full responsibility i think its nice when an animal gets ahome for xmas.... but i know what you mean...still its good they came to a rescue for advice?!

They hadn't called for advice, just to see if i had any babies available, though he did take in all i said and said he would talk it through with his partner so i cant complain there! His daughter does seem responsible, but i said, she couldn't be the sole carer

They hadn't called for advice, just to see if i had any babies available, though he did take in all i said and said he would talk it through with his partner so i cant complain there! His daughter does seem responsible, but i said, she couldn't be the sole carer

understandable then well i hope once they have had a think about it that they do come back to you and go through the procedures (did you explain that an adult is better as you know which ones already like being cuddled stroked etc?) glad you gave the advice and fingers crossed once they have a better understanding they adopt a nice pair adn give them a good home... well done you for helping to educate them rather than having a go tho :) x

understandable then well i hope once they have had a think about it that they do come back to you and go through the procedures (did you explain that an adult is better as you know which ones already like being cuddled stroked etc?) glad you gave the advice and fingers crossed once they have a better understanding they adopt a nice pair adn give them a good home... well done you for helping to educate them rather than having a go tho :) x

I did, yes, and that getting babies from pet shop/breeder, you will need to vacc and neuter which is costly. That two is much better than one as well. :)

i bought my first dog on christmas eve any everyone talked down to me as if i was going to get rid of her in the new year 3 years on and she is still here. i do think it has to be thought about very carefully as there are alot of people out there who are not like us animal loving people. lets hope that if this person does get a bunny it will have a very healthy and happy life

Back