• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boarding foe bunnies -help!

minaki

Young Bun
i live in enfield and i was looking for a boarding placing for my spoilt bunny!

he lives in doors he wonders around the house and no way he is confined in his cage.

all the places i looked were so inapropriate!they were either garages in people's houses were by bunny would be kept in his cage and in cold!

horrendous places and expensive as well.

Any advice please?

Surely he wouldn't have been kept in his cage all the time:roll: and you are better asking if they have heated accomodation for house bunnies:D.
Anywhere you take your bun to board won't let them have free range all time for safety reasons:D

I wasnt sure how Muppet would adapt to boarding, as he is also a spoilt free range house rabbit (currently lying on a floor cushion at my feet :)), but he's fine.

He stays with Kayj and is very happy there :D He does stay in a (large) hutch in Kay's heated shed/garage and also gets time out to run around.

He started off for a weekend (I think the longest he's stayed there is 8-9 days) and goes back regularly. I can see he's happy there: he remembers it from previous stays and is right at home within minutes. Being an only bun at home, I think he also likes the chance to see/hear/smell other rabbits.

As Kay says - ask them how they look after house rabbits. Being in a cage for a few days wont hurt him, it's being well looked after that counts ;)

I know you live in Enfield, but if you are prepared to travel you should try here. All the accommodation is heated and has a very large indoor area as well as an outdoor bit too. The lady that runs this place also works for a vets and is verrrrrrrrrry bunny savvy. http://thelittlewarrens.com/accom.htm

I know her very well and would trust her with all of my bunnies.:D

Hi did you find anywhere for your buns? I also live in Enfield, and will be wanting to board mine later on the year if we go on holiday but am a bit scared about doing so as they are quite spolit and dont want them to go somewhwere and be unhappy! Thanks

Back