• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do petshops do???

louise1

Mama Doe
Over xmas??? Me and o.h were just discussing this and wondered when they shut over xmas what happnes to all the animals does sum1 go in and feed them??

i have no idea.
maybe they take them home with them? lol.
well the nice pet store owners anyway :roll:

i know at college we have technicians who live on campus to look after all our animals ready for when we get back :)

I'm pretty sure a member of staff will visit the store on christmas day to feed all the animals and check they are all okay.

At our pet shop, we are closed for from xmas to new year. One of the staff (differing ones) goes in to feed, water, clean out etc. But there aren't that many, as most of the animals are going today. :cry:

I was too thinking this :? After a visit to P@H today though, i dont think there will be many bunnies left there over xmas :roll: So many people were buying them :(:? Dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing... at least they have a home for xmas :) But the kids will get bored :(

Id like to think a kind member of staff would pop in to feed and water the animals :) xXx

Zoo's I would think are like farms the animals are still feed, watered and in the case of dairy farms cows are milked.
They just do the necessary and then go home. :D

I work i a pet shop in scotland called Acorn and we close for the 2 days at xmas and 2 days at new year!

We clean them and feed them double before we close and then someone comes in on boxing day/2nd jan to feed and give clean water!

Its not the best thing to do but we dont have many animals in at the moment! 4 hammie's and 2 G.pigs and 1 rat!

last year i offeredto take the only rabbit we had home but they didnt let me:(:(

our shop is brand new and warm so they are looked after well!:D

At PAH staff go in each day to spot clean (full clean if necessary), feed, water, checks etc. I'm in Boxing Day with another member of staff.

At PAH staff go in each day to spot clean (full clean if necessary), feed, water, checks etc. I'm in Boxing Day with another member of staff.

Thats good... theres a really nice lady who works at our P@H and im sure she'd go in to do this too :) Some of the young ones who work there wouldnt think twice tho im sure :?:roll:

Thats awful feeding them for 2 days at Acorn :? Surely they'd pig out and eat it all then have none the following day, and what about if they get ill :cry: Poor things.

Ooo wot acorn do u work in? New one jst opend nr me and they have guineas and rabits 2gether!

Where do u stay? I work in the new one in Dunfermline! We dont keep G.pigs and bunnies together!
But i try and encourage customers to rescue not buy animals:D And i give good advice:D

Where do u stay? I work in the new one in Dunfermline! We dont keep G.pigs and bunnies together!
But i try and encourage customers to rescue not buy animals:D And i give good advice:D

I stay in bishopriggs its the one in east kilbride(where i used to stay) that has just opened 2 of the rabbits they have had in have had eye infectiobs and i keep tellin them but they ignore me and i went in the other day and they had gone!! IM JUST HOPING THEY GOT SOLD TO A FAMILY THAT CAN NOTICE THERE EYE AND TREAT THEM!!:censored:

I stay in bishopriggs its the one in east kilbride(where i used to stay) that has just opened 2 of the rabbits they have had in have had eye infectiobs and i keep tellin them but they ignore me and i went in the other day and they had gone!! IM JUST HOPING THEY GOT SOLD TO A FAMILY THAT CAN NOTICE THERE EYE AND TREAT THEM!!:censored:

OMG, Ive never heard that! Acorn are usually good (NOT GREAT) I keep telling my manager to try and get Acorn to stop selling rabbits and she says "but then we would have no business" Wots up with that:evil:

In the store i work in all our animals that are ill or even look ill are sent to the vet and get proper care! I normally bring some sick bunnies home to nurse them to good health!

Wish pets shops where banned from selling any kind of pet?:evil:

OMG, Ive never heard that! Acorn are usually good (NOT GREAT) I keep telling my manager to try and get Acorn to stop selling rabbits and she says "but then we would have no business" Wots up with that:evil:

In the store i work in all our animals that are ill or even look ill are sent to the vet and get proper care! I normally bring some sick bunnies home to nurse them to good health!

Wish pets shops where banned from selling any kind of pet?:evil:

I know its sooooo annoying.... The rabbits i seen had gunk coming out of there eyes and i thought why would anyone even but an animal that looks that ill and then if they dont gt bought what will happen..... grrrr the women was really rude when i pointed it out and they had a rabbit and guinea pig in together i was like ooooo dont gt me started lol:lol::censored:

Back