• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing

George&dillon

Mama Doe
after xmas i'm going to start looking at housing again coz we are hoping to get a wifey once he's neutered :love: anyway they recommend 6x2x2 but does this have to be a square shape for any reason? i was hoping to get an L shape but would be bigger in dimensions just not 6ft in one part, does this make sense?

after xmas i'm going to start looking at housing again coz we are hoping to get a wifey once he's neutered :love: anyway they recommend 6x2x2 but does this have to be a square shape for any reason? i was hoping to get an L shape but would be bigger in dimensions just not 6ft in one part, does this make sense?

How about a shed?
That way your two buns would have a whole 6x4 + shed, and a run aswell.

Jack x:D

ive got a 6x4 shed at a bargin price from b&q at the moment they dont have a run attatched as they only come out for 30 min stints in the garden(fully watched)

they recommend 6x2x2 but does this have to be a square shape for any reason?

The 6ft long is so that the rabbit(s) can do two or three or four hops along - hence it's quite long but quite narrow really.

So long as you get a decent long stretch in there somewhere and have 12sqft overall you should be ok. I wouldve thought an L-shape would be custom-built anyway so maybe the long part of the L could still be 6ft (depending on where you're trying to put it of course) or whoever builds it can find another way to keep the space/length.

I don't know if I can explain this right, but you could have the long bit of the L 6ft long, and then the short bit of the L 2ft wide, so you've got a space of 4'.. Does that make any sense? :?

i have a 6ft hutch for my pigs, and i don't think it's big enough for a bun unless it's got a permanent large atleast 8ft run attatched.
you can get cheapo shed's kennels at the moment, greaaaaat for buns :)
you can add levels too!! (my dad's summer project)

Great idea's the space i have that i want to use is 10ft x 4.2ft, i was thinking of doing a L shape hutch on legs so they still have the run space of 10ftx3 with free access so i could still have 6ft on one side, this is all from scratch coz it just a spare peice of land we have so its needs grassing and everything ;)

Back