• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sticky urine?

gmitbites88

Young Bun
Noticed this once before in Misty, and tonite again when she was let out. She was running about mad again and left a few little trails of pee, anyhoo she stopped at one point and peed but when i got out the kitchen towel to mop it up, it was sticky. I'd ask the vet but to be honest they are hopeless! Twice we've been and it's either useless info or just they don't deal with rabbits much. We've given up on giving her the wormer for now it's too stressful for us and the rabbit. Help with info on the sticky pee. I just know if i took her to the vet they'd prob say "oh it's an infection". I'd just like to know if it's "a rabbit thing"

Has Misty been speyed yet? I tend to find unneutered bunnies have stickier pee (especially males which also stinks), I guess it's to do with the scent.

That said, Lexie & Mack's bowls have to be washed frequently where they flick pee on them because they get this horrible sticky texture to them when it dries....it's not something I have ever considered abnormal though to be honest.

Has Misty been speyed yet? I tend to find unneutered bunnies have stickier pee (especially males which also stinks), I guess it's to do with the scent.

That said, Lexie & Mack's bowls have to be washed frequently where they flick pee on them because they get this horrible sticky texture to them when it dries....it's not something I have ever considered abnormal though to be honest.
Not yet Sooz, probalob Jan she'll get it done. Her pee wasn't sticky last nite though. She does pee in her tray in the cage but when she gets out she pees everywhere, we've put a tray down outside the cage but she won't hardly use it.

Back