• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tried bonding the boys again

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
For the last week, I've been trying to bond my three boys together. Started with putting Snowy's cage by Choco and Bonny's hutch. They could see and smell each other through the bars. Then for a day, I let Choco and Bonny free range in the shed, with Snowy's cage in the middle. Madness started, with Choco and Bonny pulling things down (brush), chewing through the shavings bags and generally creating a mess!
Yesterday, I opened Snowy's cage and let him hop out to Choco and Bonny. Big pile of fresh hay in the middle. Choco sat hiding in the corner, and Bonny simply couldn't cope with Snowy's presence. Really went for him :shock::( I had to seperate, teeth were out, full blown fight :(

Decided to try again the next day (today), and this time Choco instigated the fight. Just running up to Snowy, teeth on show trying to nip his nose. I constantly had to seperate. Before long, Bonny decided to join in, and then there was another HUGE fight between all three. I had to take Snowy out immediately. Choco and Bonny continued to fight between themselves (which they have NEVER ever done). I seperated them both, and put them one at the time back in their hutch. Lots of fresh hay seemed to keep them distracted and they seemed to settle down and go back to being friends again.

I'm beginning to think that bonding 3 boys is near impossible. I witnessed it affected Choco and Bonny's bond, which I really don't want to change (they get on so well!). The fighting is horrible to watch. I don't think I can try it again, it's too upsetting. Completely don't know what to do :(

I would not try any further to be honest. Bonding three rabbits is difficult enough but three boys is more than likely asking for trouble! Also, by the sounds of it you are at the risk of having your coupled buns bond broken with referred aggression. I would be wary about having snowy around where they are, sometimes it can cause two loved up buns to start fighting...

My two boys fought terribly when I tried to introduce a new male to the group. I now have 2 groups of four but will be trying again in the spring.

Thanks for your replies. Yeah I have to admit, I am most worried about affecting Choco's and Bonny's bond. They are very close :love:, but the appearance of Snowy seems to disturb them :(

I don't think I'm going to try any further. I don't want to ask for trouble. I just feel sorry for Snowy now, on his own. He's the most loving and affectionate bunny of the three, constantly wanting attention. I love him to bits :love:

Back