• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do breeders always get into the paper

that bun is mega mega cute!!!! and the breeder dident get in tot he paper the bun did its looks soooo sweet :love:

Well you know what I mean, giants always make it in becuase their owners have bred them. It would be nice to a see a rescue bun in the news.

I would say it's not inter-breeding at all as more of the litter would be like it, it's just that the mum has been over zealous when cleaning him when he was small and the ears were bitten off, it does happen apparently though I've never experienced it in my rabbits.

Inter breeding not.....

inter breeding no doubt :roll:

Inter breeding not....:cry:

It was probabley the mum being over zealous cleaning the new born kits, the ears are like tiny flaps of skin, and a new mum can get it wrong, if she has a big litter the babies are born very quickly, she must clean the sack away from the mouth or the baby will die, i have saved many babies by doing this for mum, if she is poping them like peas,:roll:
If she has a second litter and she chews again, i retire her from breeding, and find her a pet home...:)
Hope this has thrown some light on to the story. :p

I would say it's not inter-breeding at all as more of the litter would be like it, it's just that the mum has been over zealous when cleaning him when he was small and the ears were bitten off, it does happen apparently though I've never experienced it in my rabbits.

Anything can happen with inter breeding! Ask any rescue ;)

Back to the orginal topic yes its annoying breeders always get in!
He is very cute though :D

Last edited:
:love: Lovely little rabbit, hope he gets a great home where he'll be looked after properly. A few of those comments make you wonder why some people even bother posting an opinion, if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all!

Oh dear :roll: I have seen this personally result from inter-breeding when I worked in rescues. Also some of those comments horrified me. One post said this type of bunnie should be created as a breed :shock: It was good t see pro rabbit comments though.

And Sistermoonbeam, you're right, that gorgeous chinchilla is now a rescue. Who knows where it came from before. I just feel so bad for all these bunnies. And RU is filling up :( Its quite depressing.

Oh dear :roll: I have seen this personally result from inter-breeding when I worked in rescues. Also some of those comments horrified me. One post said this type of bunnie should be created as a breed :shock: It was good t see pro rabbit comments though.

And Sistermoonbeam, you're right, that gorgeous chinchilla is now a rescue. Who knows where it came from before. I just feel so bad for all these bunnies. And RU is filling up :( Its quite depressing.

So have I with my own giants. :cry: And recently with another giant I wanted to take on. :cry: Terrible.

Back