• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excell Junior & Dwarf?

What is the diference in that and Excell Adult?

When should the 'change' be made?
Jack x

think its higher in calories as they need more to grow and more energy(tho could be wrong) my buns that ate excel normal adult all ended upa bit tubby and have been put back onto excel lite instead now.... hope someone wlse can give a more coherent differnece prob best ot look on packets for nutritional break down to se echanges. x

So, are my buns still ok to be having it?:)
Jack x

How old are they? The problem with feeding them a food thats too nutritional when they don't need it is they may get fat.

Personally I feed my young rabbits almost exactly the same as my adults apart from an extra serving of pellets. I try to get them into good eating habits young as I swear they become better hay eaters/have stronger Gi tolerance that way.

I have only ever fed the more nutritional 'Junior' feeds to my elderly & underweight bunnies.

How old are they? The problem with feeding them a food thats too nutritional when they don't need it is they may get fat.

Personally I feed my young rabbits almost exactly the same as my adults apart from an extra serving of pellets. I try to get them into good eating habits young as I swear they become better hay eaters/have stronger Gi tolerance that way.

I have only ever fed the more nutritional 'Junior' feeds to my elderly & underweight bunnies.

They are just over 1.
:?

Jack x

They are just over 1.
:?

Jack x

Personally Jack, in the spring when the weather starts to warm I would move them onto the regular Excel slowly. I suggest waiting till spring as they may have become reliant on the extra nutrients to keep body fat on, which helps maintain temperature over the colder months.

Usually buns are classed as adult at around 6 months old.

HTH :wave:

Personally Jack, in the spring when the weather starts to warm I would move them onto the regular Excel slowly. I suggest waiting till spring as they may have become reliant on the extra nutrients to keep body fat on, which helps maintain temperature over the colder months.

Usually buns are classed as adult at around 6 months old.

HTH :wave:

Thank you so much:D
I will move them onto the regular one in the spring.

Thank you so much for all your help:)
Jack x

Hi Jack, knowing how much Drake and Josh love their food I'm sure you'll have no trouble switching, plus they love their hay so you are being a great dad to them and looking after them really well:)

I think it says on the bag too that the pellets are slightly smaller too. When it gets to summer, I'll change gizmo over to the regular pellets too. Although it says junior and dwarf pellets, and the vet said he is a dwarf breed, and a healthy weight etc. Its all so confusing!

Ok i'm a tad confused.

I understand why they would be higher in energy and protein for a junior rabbit, what with growing and everything but why would dwarf rabbits need more energy and protein than larger rabbits? :S

Ok i'm a tad confused.

I understand why they would be higher in energy and protein for a junior rabbit, what with growing and everything but why would dwarf rabbits need more energy and protein than larger rabbits? :S

i was going to ask the same question, wheres the sence in that?:?:?

Back