• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Help!!

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Ive just went to check on Sophies spay wounds and she has chewed through her stitches.

She is all Open.

I don't drive so i can't take her to the emergency vets, as the buses have stopped running

Aggghhhh why !!

I can't even find the collar to stop her fiddling.

Help

How far open is she and how new is the spey scar? I had a bun chew hers open after two days and was able to keep her comfortable and clean until the following day to be resutured (with the vets approval).

Oh hun I'm so sorry - Sophie really, really does need to go to the emergency vets urgently to be checked & have her stitches re-done if necessary. Sending you loads of vibes xxx

Nearest one is in Salford!!

There is no way I can get there even in a taxi.

Spoken to the vet, said to keep her clean dry and comfortable and back to the vet in the morning

Is there no-one that you could get to take you? I don't mean to frighten you but this happened to a rabbit I had spayed a few years ago and even though we rushed her to the vets she died from shock. I would seriously get her there asap if in any way possible and stop her from messing anywhere near it.

If there is anyone who can help, I would gladly accept, but I don't drive and a taxi is over 100 quid which is money we just don't have

If there is anyone who can help, I would gladly accept, but I don't drive and a taxi is over 100 quid which is money we just don't have

Can you repost for help in other sections so people will see the request? Do you know if any forum members live near you?

How is Sophie this morning? Miffy did the same thing, fortunately I saw it in the daytime and took her straight down to the vet for resuturing. I hope you managed to get to a vet in the end.

Hope she's okay this morning, I'm guessing that you are at the vets now.

It seems everything that could go wrong you get to experience it!!

Sending vibes for the lovely Sophie.

hope sophie is ok now. i wonder if anyone near by could take you or if vet would do a home visit? or if possibly there is a man with van you could hire to take you they normally only cost around£20 so cheaper than a taxi if desperate? or how about possibly knocking on neighbours doors and begging explain that you could pay any petrol costs im sure they would help xxxx sorry im not closer x

Hi All a hectic day! thanks for your comments and concern. Sophie is fine I had her at the vets at 8am, only to be told the vet didn't arrive til 9 :roll::oops::evil:. Anyway she has been given pain killer, antibiotics and been stapled back together. I did ask for glue but apparently it didn't work. Been given a different collar, which she is annoyed with,as it will not come off, no matter how hard she tries!

I now have a migraine, so going to bed for a bit.

thanks again

Back