• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

xmas dinner for the rabbits...

right, I've just braved the mass queues in asda to get xmas dinner for the buns, which includes

carrots
celery
broccoli
greens
apples
pellets
hay

oh ****, I forgot about mine...just joking :lol: merry xmas all

i'm going to try this
1 cup pellets
1/2 cup hot water
3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup oats
1/8 cup raisins
3/4 cup of hay

Mix pellets, hot water, apple sauce, oats & raisins together. Add in 3/4 cup of hay, finely chopped. You should end up with the consistency of mud pie. Spread the mixture on an oiled cookie sheet 1/2" thick. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour. Break into pieces once cooled, and refridgerate in a container. Keep in mind when baking hay it will smell like pot...

i wanting to make mine a scrum-delish treat, any ideas?

I made these for my buns a few days ago after someone posted the recipe, and they loved them :)

Smack Snacks for Rabbits

You will need:

* 1 c. rolled oats, finely ground (coffee grinder works best)
* 1/4 c. rabbit pellets, finely ground
* 2 medium-sized bunches of parsley
* 1/2 of a carrot
* 1/2 of a banana
* 1/4 c. + 1 tbsp. water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet or stone with wax paper (baking stones actually work best). Grind pellets and oats down to a powder and set aside. Puree parsley, carrot, banana and water. This should become fairly liquefied, so you can add more or less water depending on the consistency. In a bowl, mix puree and dry ingredients. Knead until a stiff dough is formed. Dough will be somewhat sticky. Place ball of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper and roll to about 1/8 – 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut into small squares and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes (don't let them get too brown), then turn off the heat and let them sit in the warm oven for at least an hour. (The last step is really important because letting them sit in a warm oven is what dries them out so they'll keep for a really long time and not grow mold!)

Back