• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Im worried about Dudley

jenzel5

Mama Doe
Well I noticed that Dudley looked a little depressed so I rattled a bag of treats and Dudley is usually the first to run right to me but no. I tried giving him a treat and he won't eat it. I have put a couple on the floor right next to him but he isn't interested which is not his character at all. I don't even think he has had a nibble on the carrot tonight. It is a bit worrying. I guess all I can do is keep an eye on him and if he doesn't seem right tomorrow take him to work with me tomorrow (vets). I hope he is ok and just full but this has never happened, he loves his treats.:(:(

Hi Jen :wave: Don't want to worry you ... but if he were mine I'd be calling my vet now :cry: particularly as it's so out of character for him. Thinking of you x

He has just come out of his house then peed on the blanket and flopped on his side then gone back in his house. I think I am going to ring my vets now for advice. I am tearing up, I hope nothing is wrong.:cry:

It could be many things, but claling the vet is probably the best thing to do if you are not sure of the causes.

It's really important though that you are calm and unstressed when around him because he will pick up on that and that will make it worse, so the mood needs to be light, however hard that might be.

Has he had any diet changes today? Tried anything different? Eaten anything he shouldn't? Had anything random happen in his life recently?

Well just been to the vets. He's ok. Temp normal and everything seems to be ok. He's gone straight back into his little house and isn't happy. If he is the same tomorrow morning then he is going in2 work with me but I am a little relieved.

Glad to hear he's been seen by a vet. Fingers crossed that he'll be as right-as-ninepence by the morning. Keep us posted! x

Well Dudley seems fine this morning. hes running around and took a treat from me which is the real test with him. There was still half a bowl of food left this morning though but he is drinking as well so I'm not really worried now. Ive had a very sleepless night. I wonder why he was feeling that way last night. Im so glad he looks better. I am not going to take him in with me today as it will just add more stress to the both of them.Thanks for your support Abi. And thanks for your reply sky-o.

Last edited:
That happened to one of mine the other day. Stopped eating and sat in dirt tray not coming to greet me as usual. I gave her two doses of infacol and tummy rubs. Made up a sachet of bio lapis and syringed that into her and within a couple of hours she was eating some parsley. Next morning she was dashing about as usual. Makes you wonder sometimes if they get wind pain and panic. Glad your bun is OK. Pam

Back