• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant baby?

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I got an early christmas present. .
I should preface this by saying I have 7 rabbits, all rescues, and another on the way from starlights . . .
But my husband obviously didn't quite get the rescue message and came home tonight with a new rabbit from someone he had found on the internet. That is a whole other discussion! :no: But suffice to say she is here now and will be staying :D
She is apparently 12 weeks old and he was told that both her parents are british giants.
She weighs in at nearly exactly 2 kg and is about the size of my dwarf lops but she doesn't look very giantish to me. [Not that it matters at all, apart from knowing where to accommodate her]

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

In a 1 meter cage for size comparison :D (Temporary accomodation!)
IMG_1659.jpg

Oh, and her name is Poppy :)

Awww :love::love: She is gorgeous!! She'll soon grow :lol: They grow so quickly! Both my giants are more like dogs, dont act like rabbits :? xXx

Ooooh, she's sooo cute :love: She does have a giant-y face and ears I think...and if she's 2kg at 3 months, I reckon she's gonna be pretty big :shock:

But naughty spaceboy :no: Leave the finding of the bunnies to spacegirl :D

GORGEOUS, Her coat is stunning. I have a BG and he is only around 6 months and he is HUGE!!! I am struggling with housing. He currently lives in the garage with a heater but I want him to go out in the spring. He is such a lovely boy and he has not yet been fixed so he can only get better!! :love:

But naughty spaceboy :no: Leave the finding of the bunnies to spacegirl :D

He will get a serious talking to, believe me! It was hard to be cross though as he came in so excited like a little boy who had just found the best present in the world :roll: He knows I've always wanted a giant and he said "I just wanted to see you really happy" :oops:
His heart was in the right place!
Now I am off to beat him with a stick . . .

norty hubby :no::no:

still what a beauty. The ears say she'll get bigger! If she's a house bunny I think you'll need a massive under bed storage thing for a litter tray & possibly a dog pen for a base if she can't be 100% free range but I guess she might be able to jump over that even.

:love::love::love:She definately has giants features - she's gorgeous.
She's probably about a third of the weight she'll finally be so she'll soon fit those lovely ears:lol:

Oh my goodness Poppy is stunning!!! :love: I know you've told you're hubby off, as she's not a rescue bun, but what a lovely surprise for him to do for you :D We've got a british giant Jemima & if Poppy gets anywhere near her size she'll be one big girl! When we first got Jem, we penned her off in a baby pen in the dining room when she couldn't be free range - now though she is free range most of the time, but lives in the kitchen when we're in bed or not in. She's got a fab personality & I swear she is almost human :shock::lol:

Yep no probs, here's our 'little' girl :D This is her chilled out with her husbun Toby.

DSCF2466.jpg

Eating her favourite food!

DSCF2067.jpg

Chilling in the garden

CNV00033.jpg

CNV00029.jpg

I'm sure she will be a very welcome addition in no time at all - honestly, I would have another giant bun any day - I just love them to bits :D

Wow! She is stunning :D
I'm actually very excited to have a giant (even if the method of her arrival is dubious . . ) and she seems to have an incredibly sweet nature. I'm looking forward to seeing her grow up!

Thanks Spacegirl - I think so too, but then I suppose I'm very biaised :oops: I forgot to say Jem is 5 years old & adores her dad to bits - she's not too keen on me! :shock:

I love Poppy's coat it is so glossy & shiny - I adore black buns - good job you're far away or I might be on a bunnynapping mission :D:lol:

Back