• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay & Carpets

Hopper

Mama Doe
For those with indoor buns, how do you manage to clean your carpets of hay??

I am finding it a nightmare. If i use hoover it blocks it immidiatly, so im on my hands and knees with dustpan and brush which takes ages, then use hands to pick up rest. Then I can hoover :roll:

Any suggestions< te buns seem to love dragging hay all round carpet and in my bed :roll::lol::lol:

For those with indoor buns, how do you manage to clean your carpets of hay??

I am finding it a nightmare. If i use hoover it blocks it immidiatly, so im on my hands and knees with dustpan and brush which takes ages, then use hands to pick up rest. Then I can hoover :roll:

Any suggestions< te buns seem to love dragging hay all round carpet and in my bed :roll::lol::lol:

Hehe...you have just detailed how we spend every day!

Unfortunatley I have no suggestions as our hoover is now blocked too so the dustpan and brush have made their way out!

Hopefully someone on here will have some good ideas for us! ;)

i took the bag out of my henry and it sucks up the hay no trouble at all..... i dont hoover as often as i should tho :oops::oops: i quite like the barn look :lol::lol::lol:

Oh i know - welcome to my world! It's horrendous isn't it!

I have it all over my hall, bedroom and bathroom too - the bunnies never even go in there! It just sticks to my socks and ends up in there!

Mine got better when I had their hay and tray etc in an old cage bottom. I have stopped using taht now and have an enclosure made from NIC cubes with one grid as a door....they tend to just spread it within the enclosure now which is easier.

Like you though, I have to empty my hoover constantly and it gets clogged a lot then overheats! Occupational hazard I think maybe?

Also gonna invest in some slippers which the hay mught not stick to so easily.

I have bought some of the mini hay bales from the Hay Experts as tehse are meant to be less messy for indoor buns but they wonlt really eat them!

I just pick most of it up with my hands, then hoover the rest

My hoover seems to pick it up ok. (i have a dyson animal)

:lol: I thought I might be the only one. I have a dyson, old type and the hay gets clogged in all pipes with in minutes. Yeh I get the stick to your socks and gets walked around lol.

Hmmm, I wonder if another hay eating animal would work as a hoover :lol:

owwww sounds like a nightmare all the clogging :shock::shock:

this little cheeky little fella
images.jpg
saves me from much headaches :D:D

owwww sounds like a nightmare all the clogging :shock::shock:

this little cheeky little fella
images.jpg
saves me from much headaches :D:D

Really and it doesnt clog at all? I might get one then and see how that goes :) Either that or invest in some knee pads :lol:

My Dyson is well and truely dead! I'm living in what can only be described as a farmyard at the mo :lol: Ive been told a Henry Hoover is probably the best one to get so hoping I might get one in a sale after Christmas! But I think for the rest of my life I will be chained to a brush and dustpan and a hand held vaccum!

My dad found 2 poos in his coat pocket the other day and he lives somewhere else :shock: :shock:

Last edited:
Really and it doesnt clog at all? I might get one then and see how that goes :) Either that or invest in some knee pads :lol:

to do the big clumps of hay i take off the head and just suck up with the hose... its a good powerful sucker to.. i dont use the bags so the white bit inside needs to be banged against the wall to get rid of the dust

the xtra one comes with a pet head too which is really good :)

i luuuuuuuvvvvvvvv henry :love:

Mine decided to dig in one of their litter trays today and I came home to Megazorb EVERYWHERE! They just sat looking at me going "whatcha doin?" whilst I tried to pick it all up by hand! Don't you just love em? I pick up the worst of the hay by hand and then just hoover the rest with the Dyson. It doesn't seem to clog. Meg does a good job of hoovering up any stray bobbles if she gets the chance :lol::lol::lol:

I have a little swan hoover which I use the hose and pick up the rest by hand. I am always having to change the bag. :roll:

to do the big clumps of hay i take off the head and just suck up with the hose... its a good powerful sucker to.. i dont use the bags so the white bit inside needs to be banged against the wall to get rid of the dust

the xtra one comes with a pet head too which is really good :)

i luuuuuuuvvvvvvvv henry :love:

So it has a cylinder/bucket thing in also you an take out an empty?

Bouddcca, wonder how they got in your dads pocket :lol:

Ohh megazorb is another pain in but to hoover and clean up, it sticks everywhere :roll::lol:

WOW...You just detailed me and my OH's spare time persuit!!
Honestly, we spend what seems to be every waking moment picking up the big bits, sweeping up the small bits, and hoovering the rest. Then unblocking the Hoover. I have only had my hoover for a few months and it is allready on its last legs! I would love a Henry (Mum has a pink one) I just can't splash out at the moment. The Hay drives me up the wall.

I have 6 buns in the study and it looks like a barn and Bumble is in the sitting room. There seems to be HAY everywhere from where it gets on my socks and slippers.

I LOVE MY BUNS :lol::lol::lol:

Back