• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Swimming rabbit?!?!??!

Hmmmmm i wonder what would possess someone to put their bunny in water anyway :?
He does look a bit 'frozen' doesnt he? Rather than chilling? hmmmmm

Hmmmmm i wonder what would possess someone to put their bunny in water anyway :?
He does look a bit 'frozen' doesnt he? Rather than chilling? hmmmmm

insane isn't it?
there also sounds as though theres some birds of prey cawing in the background O_O which i dont think the bun would like too much... no to mension if its a pool wont it have like chemicals chlorine or something to keep it clean?

There are literally tens of clips of idiots putting their rabbits in pools and saying "Look, he can swim - he likes it!" If he liked it, he'd have got in on his own and wouldn't be either freezing in terror or repeatedly swimming for the edge while you turn the poor animal round and laugh like a moron.

If he liked it, he'd have got in on his own and wouldn't be either freezing in terror or repeatedly swimming for the edge while you turn the poor animal round and laugh like a moron.

I bet you are right and they have put the rabbit in lots of times, it has swum to the side but they have turned it back again and eventually it has learnt to just float paralysed in the middle of the pool as there is no escape to be gained.

Wan*ers. I'm pretty sure if that wee bun had enjoyed it, he;d have paddled a bit. He looked petrified there. People are so selfish and dumb. When I worked at the PDSA we got animals coming in with overdose symptoms becuase some fool owner decided to feed it some drugs :roll::censored::evil:

On a slightly different note, wild rabbits wil swim if they have a need to and this one even attacked a former president of America.

Killer Rabbit

Bunny didnt really have much choice did it, I doubt it climbed up the stairs and jumped in the pool, shouting "weheeeeeeeee".

I wouldnt even dream of putting Lola in a swimming pool!!

Its ridculous, people have no respect. If you loved and respected a creature enough to you wouldn't force it to do anything.

In 2006 we had a really hot summer, so much so the wild lizards came out of hiding (common lizards native to Britain whoch only come out in extremely hot condtions). When free ranging the buns on the lawn I put the base of a cat carrier on the grass with about 10cm of water in it just in case they wanted to cool off or even drink. Mona my eldest girl flopped over in the water. In that instance she wanted to get wet but the difference is I gave my buns a choice and if they wanted to get wet they could but not in water deep enough to drwon either. How dangerous to put a bunnie in such a deep pool. But its like the people who dress up their buns or piggies. Pets to them are an acessory.:evil:

Minstrel and Spookie used to actively seek out the pond and swim in it :roll: Megan's another one that likes swimming for some reason:love:

well on the plus side the rabbit isnt showing the whites of its eyes so it doesnt look scared to me however i dont think thats normal and cant imagine the chlorine does it any good at all i think its a silly idea to have put poor bunny in there with no way of getting in or out on its own its cruel.

however i used to have a shallow baby bath which i put full of tap water in the garden and lucky my first rabbit would jump in (on hot summers days) and lie in it then shake and hop out just to cool herself down other days she would ppaddle in it and she would binky after so some rabbits do enjoy water... arthur is another who likes water if the sprinkler is on in garden on a hot day he runs into the srpay and binkys then scampers off all norty like then runs back to do it again.... very funny to watch next summer will try and get a vid of it!!! so i do think sometime sbunnys do like water but they should have the choice to go to it and it should never be too deep for tehm to stand up and should be allowed to hop in and out at free will which clearly this rabit doesnt have the choice to do. x

Back