• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARGHHHH weird poos

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Ok Fidget has just produced this:

Photo99.jpg

Which is definitely not good. I don't understand it though she has had nothing out of the ordinary, no new veggies or treats. She has moved from P@H to wagg pellets but this has been a gradual introduction process and she has been eating them for about 3 or 4 weeks now with no problems.....

... Anyone know what could be wrong?

EDIT: It's not like normal ceacatrophs either, they are lighter brown and fairly runny :(

Im surprised its not cecatrophs, as my bunny's cecatrophs look like that. however, its a bit hard to see on the pic what the poo looks like as they are small. Any chance you could get a closer pic?
How many of them has she done? It may be a problem, if she is doing many of these clumps quite regularly? If its a random occurrance and there are not many she has done, then i would not be too worried. Easier said than done I know.
Has her behaviour changed at all?

Urgh, do they smell bad as well?
You normally see poops like that when they have eaten something that has disagreed with them....could she have eaten something sneakily about the house?

If it continues it might well be the pellets causing a problem, especially if they are a high protein one.

Do you have any probiotics at all?

They smell a bit funny and yes she is doing them in clumps. It has only occurred in the last 24 hours and i should mention that she has been on a two hour car journey yesterday to get from nottingham to manchester, not sure if that would have had any effect as she has never travelled before.

The ceacatrophs she usually produces are blackish and not nearly as runny. She is doing normal golden poos too though

I've just remembered that my housemate gave her watermelon and yellow pepper the other day. Only a little bit but could this be the problem?

sounds like something she ate.
keep an eye on her and if she starts to do normal poos then she should be fine.

If they are runny caecotrophs, its due to too many vegetables. The trip in the car probbly did not help things either if she has never travelled before. Just make sure she eats plenty of hay and reduce the veggies for a bit. see how that goes.

If they are runny caecotrophs, its due to too many vegetables. The trip in the car probbly did not help things either if she has never travelled before. Just make sure she eats plenty of hay and reduce the veggies for a bit. see how that goes.

Thanks. I gave her reduced pellets last night and no veggies but extra hay!

Will repeat tonight

Back