• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't deserve my bunnies..

Chin up love, I'm sure the bunnies know you're a great mummy. You provide them with a great life, we know you do and so do they.

It's no excuse but I've been busy, ill, stressed and I have been feeding hugging and cleaning my bunnies as usual but I hadn't realised the state their sheds had got into.
The floors are falling through, windows leaking and on Saturday the door fell off :cry: So I had to moved them into a smaller hutch and they looked so sad and cramped. It's my fault for rushing into things and not setting the sheds up properly when I first got them.

I went outside a just now to give them a run round, I went into our shed and thought I had to do something about this...so I cleared out the shed and well now the bunnies are living in there, I cried when I saw how happy they looked to be out of that hutch into a larger space and I felt so guilty to think they had been in there even thought it had only been two nights. I know I should of maintained the sheds better, I shouldn't of been so wrapped up in myself not to notice. Mum agreed to help me sort the sheds out after christmas. So I will be sorting the floors out, laying down proper flooring fix better hinges etc.
I know it's only temporary but I feel so guilty. I'm going to post pics of them in their new shed once I've uploaded them.

B&Q vouchers for Christmas??

Don't worry. Things deteriorate so slowly, that it is only once it it really bad that you notice. But now you have noticed you are doing things to keep your buns safe and planning improvements, which is all you can do, after all you are only human!

Aw dont worry Beth! The fact is you have noticed and you've sorted it out. You are only human and it is impossible to keep on top of everything all of the time. You do a great job with your buns hun x x x

You do a great job Beth - you kept your buns safe, and you only kept them in a small hutch as a temporary measure - some people keep rabbits like this all the time :(
Don't beat yourself up ;)

Thanks everyone :) I just feel like I've failed :( I also need to add extra security to the sheds... somethings been in my garden and has managed to kill my guinea pig by scaring him :( something had pushed the planks off the hutch door and he had died of what looked like a heart attack :(

Don't beat yourself up - at least you noticed. Like Fairy13 says, it's easy to miss sheds getting tatty when you stare at them day in day out. Today I noticed that my back yard nearly has a hay carpet. :lol: I fill the bunnies baskets up daily and always seem to drop a bit in the 6 feet it is from the wheelie bin to the kennel. Need to get the brush out.

We all have days when we think we are bad bunny mummys. I have just spent the last week away from home being ill and the guilt of not haviong Lola out free range was dreadful.

Dont beat yourself up chick - if you didnt care you wouldnt feel so bad x x x x

Beth, I am sure that Magic & Holly aren't upset with you at all.....they KNOW that thy have a GREAT mummy! I am sure that they will be VERY happy in their temporary accomodation.....and they will LOVE their new and improved accomodation when it is done in the new year! :D

Back