• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snotty nose... normal in winter?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
Misty for the last couple of days has had a snotty nose its not thick snot it seems to be a yellow/light green color i just wondered if it was normal for a bun to get a snotty nose in winter? hes lively eating and pooing so no other obvious signs of illness.

no i dont think so at all i would pop along to the vets it could be start of respiratory infection or snuffles maybe? x

Dandy was like this a few weeks ago, after two weeks on septrin it cleared up he was still fine in himself
You need to get your bun to the vets and on antibiotics

No it isn't normal, coloured discharge never is. As others said, he need the vets and some abx.

Light green snot can be indicative of an infection with pseudomonas bacteria...alternatively I have also known it to be clear snot with dust from the pellets stuck to it making it look green :oops:

In any case, snotty noses are not normal for bunnies at any time of the year so best pop your little one to the vets :)

Back