• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Pootle my foster bun! :D

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi

Just wanted to update everyone (tell the whole world actually), I am so proud of her and me! :D

I've had her here for just over 2 weeks, she came here overweight and with a very sticky bum, thick greeny yellow urine, matted fur etc. She weighed 1.86kg and HATED the idea of being touched.

I've done loads with her this last fortnight, she is now fully vaccinated, and after the vet shaving her legs, me trimming some more mats and dirt away, bum washes, change in diet and plenty of exercise, she is 1.06kg. She is jumping OVER the sides of her hutch with no trouble, she is still a bit moody about being handled, but not as bad. She only has about 5 pieces of SS pellets at night, and a serving of freshies in the morning, and plenty of hay.

The vet was amazed at the difference in her today (but I dont think they've met a 'real' bunny mummy before :lol: ).

Awwwww, it sounds like you're doing a great job with Pootle. Well done you. :D:D It must be so rewarding to see the change in her already and I'm sure in time she'll be even less grumpy. :)

aww is she a very young or smal lbreed then ? 1kg soudns so tiny!! or do i jsut have big bunnys!!! bless her glad her health has improved. you could alwasy try her on excel light if she is prone to weight gain? x

Back