• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

breed id's please..

celticbuns

Young Bun
they are gorgeous regardless of the breed and the temperment is just stunning..drop offs ( i'm officially at my limit) these two are currently housed inside untill they've been here 2 weeks, ( than they are off to a mud room set up, cant put em out side as the weather is non permitting, so it stays about 40 on the porch/mudroom) breed id is appreciated..first the grey one has a silky ( stunning really ) satin appearance..so i'm guessing mini satin..second i'm not sure..mini as she's the same as her friend, size wise ) same ages...??
They are currently seperated in 2x4 spaces untill they pass my 2 week period.

039.jpg

she was going nuts on the hay, ( white w/grey/brown smidges in her ) she was in a small cage w/ sawdust..i saw no reminants of hay at all......

the grey bun looks a chinchilla cross(looking at face and size is not a full chinchilla breed wouldnt say ) and the other is a stunning white rabbit does the bunny have pink or blue eyes its ahrd to see ...

chin...i havent looked at that breed as this morn i contaced the previous owner..all she could say was satin..so to be honest i dont know.. they both have brown ( very dark infact ) eyes.. as for fur. grey one mystical is soft to the touch,short,grey with smidgends of white, and very very glossy. the white one, aka " lilly" has courser fur mainly white w/some smearing on the ears of brown and grey. also some smearing of same colors on her sides. weight wise, mystical is going about 3.5 lbs the white one just under that..( alittle underweight IMHO.

* on another note..cupid ( housed with her buddy commet ) has adapted extremely well over the last 4 months or so, i put my face in the hutch to rearrange some extra hay and a thick comfortor and she kissed me right on the lips..it was a shocking moment..startled me made me hit my head on the top of the hutch.....all in all thats great as before she'd dart to a corner in the back wait for me to finish what i was doing than come out to see if i left something to eat..she's still skiddish to the touch..unless your still and she comes over to investigate..so we're making some progress..

The grey is definatly a chinchilla cross, the short ears and face point to nethie genes.
The white looks like it has Isabella markings but I don't know enough about that breed/coat type. Some people like Hurricanehoney have bunnies with those coats.

i did look up a chin..yep judging by what the looks are i'd say the same and the prev owner was misinformed so i would be accurate by saying a chin/nethie mix ( i have to say the colors are stunning) and now for the white one..her coat feels soft but rugged if that makes sense..her eyes are dark ( she officially chinned me so i'm no longer owned by hubby but her!!) short coat not satin in appearance whatsoever..( ive never heard of isabella so i'm stumped with that..breed/type? meanin is isabella the breed? i'm confused ( and blonde LOL)

isabella is a colouring in the rabbit.
i'd say the white one is a very light seal point (colouring wise) and just looks like a cross bunny to me.

thanks for letting me know what isabella is..that helps.. i figure she's a mixed breed, but what breed..LOL

Happy Holidays every one..and their buns!

Back