• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phoned RSPCA

honeybuns

Young Bun
Where I live in portsmouth there is like a park in the centre, with rabbits guinea pigs birds in enclosures. Took my daughter and neices down there today to feed the squirrels and had a look.

In with the rabbits was a huge blood smear and a rabbit looking very poorly. There is shockingly no sign with who to contact in emergency. So I got my Mum to phone RSPCA for me as my bat on phone was low.

They just phoned back and said they have been down there and removed a rabbit that hadnt eaten for ages as its teeth were so rotten, had a heart murmer and the blood was from where the rabbit had nawed its ear so badly. Apparently the others aren't too bad but its too late for that bunny.

I just think it is shocking that they clearly arent looking after them properly. Sounds like RSPCA are gonna have stiff words with council but I think im going to ring up and complain also.

oh that poor bunny :cry: well done for taking action - a lot of people would have left it for someone else to do :?

Good for you. Unfortunately it is too late for that bunny but hopefully action will be taken about the others but well done!

Where I live in portsmouth there is like a park in the centre, with rabbits guinea pigs birds in enclosures. Took my daughter and neices down there today to feed the squirrels and had a look.

In with the rabbits was a huge blood smear and a rabbit looking very poorly. There is shockingly no sign with who to contact in emergency. So I got my Mum to phone RSPCA for me as my bat on phone was low.

They just phoned back and said they have been down there and removed a rabbit that hadnt eaten for ages as its teeth were so rotten, had a heart murmer and the blood was from where the rabbit had nawed its ear so badly. Apparently the others aren't too bad but its too late for that bunny.

I just think it is shocking that they clearly arent looking after them properly. Sounds like RSPCA are gonna have stiff words with council but I think im going to ring up and complain also.

I am absolutely shocked, I know exactly where you mean as I work just round the corner, the gentleman that looks after the bunnies and piggies is just wonderful with them :shock:

I wonder what on earth has gone so wrong :cry:

I was surprised because there has been rabbits and things there years. But from what RSPCA have said that bunny must have been poorly for a while :(.

Im surprised that there isnt something on the mesh with an out of hours contact for weekends. RSPCA said they will be talking to the council tomorrow as they were not happy. Got to give RSPCA praise though though they went out very quick.

Me and other half went in Victoria park a few months ago now and people were feeding the buns lettuce:( We could see no hay around either:(

Me and other half went in Victoria park a few months ago now and people were feeding the buns lettuce:( We could see no hay around either:(

The hay is usually in their houses, to be honest without completely fencing them off there is no way to stop them being fed lettuce, they did used to have signs up saying please don't feed us lettuce

I might pop in tomorrow and have a nosey round, I haven't been there for a few weeks

The hay is usually in their houses, to be honest without completely fencing them off there is no way to stop them being fed lettuce, they did used to have signs up saying please don't feed us lettuce

I might pop in tomorrow and have a nosey round, I haven't been there for a few weeks

Yeah we saw them put people were ignoring it, we said to the people feeding it but they just didn't care:roll:

My Mum usually takes the girls there to feed them carrots etc, my Mum knows not lettuce but there is always people doing it.

I rang RSPCA because I couldnt see any other contact number and was worried about the bun being left in pain. It was a surprise to find out the bun had obviously been poorly for a while. I decided before the RSCPA rang back to contact the coucil today because I think there should be something with an out of hours contact number for emergencies. A lot of people would just give up if it isnt there, in fact one couple did it.

It is just so sad for the bunny that was poorly, that someone didn't notice as the bun didnt just have the one thing wrong.

My Mum usually takes the girls there to feed them carrots etc, my Mum knows not lettuce but there is always people doing it.

I rang RSPCA because I couldnt see any other contact number and was worried about the bun being left in pain. It was a surprise to find out the bun had obviously been poorly for a while. I decided before the RSCPA rang back to contact the coucil today because I think there should be something with an out of hours contact number for emergencies. A lot of people would just give up if it isnt there, in fact one couple did it.

It is just so sad for the bunny that was poorly, that someone didn't notice as the bun didnt just have the one thing wrong.

They should also have a sign telling people what not to feed them :?

hi

Poor bun. We have one near us which I done same thing and rang rspca. They had left pitch folks and bin bags in their and gone the buns etc were running all over them and in the rubbish. Baby guinea pigs what if they threw them away. I was gutted. They have 2 small hutches for shelter for 50 rabbits and 20+ pigs. The buns were soaked off rain and the rexes had sore feet. Cuts all over them off fights and they dont get hay at all.
The rspca went and said they were ok as they have contact with a vet???
Anyway recently saw in newspaper that most of the buns were put to sleep as they all had vhd poor things I cried my eyes out.
The man who looked after them was sooo nice he had names for them all and cuddles but the council wouldnt give him enough stuff/money to care properly and with that many he couldnt afford it either. He got supplies to clean them out every 2 weeks although he said he tried to do it no longer than 7 days. He said they had to get rid of the older ones to get babies as the children like babies more... whats that teaching children?

well I phoned them and they said they "will look into" a sign :?

There use to be a sign but people ignore it cos they don't care.

They need a sign saying what not to feed and why I suppose, may help cut out some of the dim wits who don't care:evil:

In a way maybe it should go because I reckon the way soceity is today I think it won't be long till it's in the paper that some swines done something bad to the animals, even if they lock park up at night, scum find a way in:evil:

Back