• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from Emergency Vets..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Sadly Bo and Amstel decided they didnt like each other today. I opened the playhouse up ready to take some long and awaited pictures of the four. They were all stood at the mesh door, then suddenly a fight began with Bo and Amstel. I have NEVER in my life, seen anything like it. I managed to split them up, Amstel came off worse. Bo hasnt a mark on him. The two girls just sat together out of the way. :cry:

Blood was dripping from Amstels nose and he has lumps of hair and some nasty bite wounds to his face. :cry: He also has some wounds to his back.

We took him to the Emergency Vets, they gave him an injection and cleaned him up, they said its looks much worse than it is and that he should recover quickly. We have got to clean his wounds 3times a day and keep him on Vetbed.

I am gutted, absolutely gutted, as everything seemed okay. Amstel is now inside with Rosie (Cotton) to recover.

The two pairs will remain as two pairs forever now.

He is eating and in general appears fine. Please can i have Vibes for a recovery for Amstel.

ohhhh no .... poor little man ... give him a special cuddle from aunty Angie ... :(

such a shame ...but dont blame yourself Nat ......as you say eveything seemed fine ... :?:(

now you know why we **** ourselves when bonding :shock::(

Oh no !! That must have been so frightening to see - glad you have sorted them out and hope he recovers soon <<<hugs>>> x

Thanks.

It was awful to see, i never knew bunnies could cause such damage...:shock:

I find the most frightening bit is not just the damage thay can inflict, but how quickly they can do it. It's hard to explain to someone unless they have seen it first hand.

Hope Amstel is feeling better very soon.

It always looks wose than it is. The worst bit is watching two things that you love so much rip each other to bits! Ive bonded three pairs...and i never want to do it again. Its the worse thing in the world to witness!. Hope everything calms down for you now :D

I find the most frightening bit is not just the damage thay can inflict, but how quickly they can do it. It's hard to explain to someone unless they have seen it first hand.

Hope Amstel is feeling better very soon.

It happened in seconds......The damage is pretty awful and horrific to look at.

The Vets seemed hopeful he will recover well.

I screamed and was crying when i saw it but they didnt stop fighting.

The wounds are deep, im worried about them.

I am SO LUCKY i was there, the wounds are close to his eye, doesnt bare thinking about what could of happened.

I would post pics of him, but there quite upsetting :(

It happened in seconds......The damage is pretty awful and horrific to look at.

The Vets seemed hopeful he will recover well.

I screamed and was crying when i saw it but they didnt stop fighting.

The wounds are deep, im worried about them.

I am SO LUCKY i was there, the wounds are close to his eye, doesnt bare thinking about what could of happened.

I would post pics of him, but there quite upsetting :(

we have seen buns with very deep wounds recover well Nat ... just keep them clean and dry and watch for any swelling .

is he on baytril ... our vet would have put him on antibiotics as a precaution .

o dear, so sorry it didn't work out. poor little amstel must be feeling very sorry for himself but also very smug about the fact that hes got himself back inside where its warm :) . i'm sure he will heal quickly with your loving care that i know you will be giving him, but just to be on the safe side i shall send lots of healing vibes and noserubs. also sending calming vibes for you as i know how much it shakes you up, fighting rabbits is not a nice sight.they can turn from fluffy little sweethearts to little monsters in seconds.

aww - poor Amstel. get well soon vibes from here too.

I know how scary this is - as you may have seen elsewhere we've had to split Dill & Willow (brothers, neutered, ~2.5yrs old) as they turned on each other so badly, despite always living together. It's so frightening when they lock on, and they become oblivious to everything else.:(

and why do they always do it at the weekend?!:roll:

aww - poor Amstel. get well soon vibes from here too.

I know how scary this is - as you may have seen elsewhere we've had to split Dill & Willow (brothers, neutered, ~2.5yrs old) as they turned on each other so badly, despite always living together. It's so frightening when they lock on, and they become oblivious to everything else.:(

and why do they always do it at the weekend?!:roll:

Aww dear, sorry i didnt know.
Its awful.
Amstel looks like he has been attacked by something more than a rabbit.

I honestly havent seen anything like it in my life. Its frightened me to death of bonding anybun again!

Back