• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

National Rabbit Week ideas

jenzel5

Mama Doe
I am sorting out National Rabbit Week at our vets. I thought I would ask you all for ideas. What would you like to see happening in your vets? Also, I was going to run a competition. Any ideas? All ideas welcome. I want it to be really good. I will possibly do one evening a rabbit talk and invite clients but am not sure people will come so need an incentive hence a competition.

What I really could do with is training on how to lift them properly, things like holding them securely for syringe feeding, cutting claws.

I only learn well from being shown rather than reading or watching videos. I know some vets do puppy classes, rabbit classes would be excellent, I'd be very happy to pay for something like that.

Perhaps inviting people to suggest topics they would like to be covered would get a good response? I'd definitely attend anything like that, even if it was fairly basic as a good turnout would encourage the practice to offer more 'advanced' events too.

Our vets were selling first aid kits for dogs and cats. I would like to see first aid kits for rabbits to. How to know if your rabbit was ill advice would be helpful to a lot of people.

Run a raffle with health related prizes? Like a health check, a myxi jab, a vhd jab, even possibly the cost of a routine neutering op? Gets over the message about these being essential health care. Downside is you'd need to be prepared to cover the costs even if the raffle money didnt. If the vets (or you!) were willing, you could even do it as a free raffle - turn up and get a ticket :D

Last year my Vets gave 1/4 of a bag of hay and a packet of the treats that ae tube shaped for every bun plus a discount for vacs :D.

Well impressed :)

Back