• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dodging my touch...

30Rabbit

New Kit
:)I have a little rabbit at my home.This is my first time I have a rabbit as a pet.
Her color is white and has some gray parts on her body:love:.When I tenderly petting her,she always comfortably lies down and feels enjoyable:love:.But when I touch her feet,she usually gets shocked and escapes away or even bites me:shock:.
I feel strange why she has this reaction.I don't know whether anybody has the same condition and reflection about their rabbit.I want to know:roll:.
By the way,my rabbit is afraid of carrot.While I'm holding carrot and approaching her,she usually jumps away:shock:.

If you have recently got the rabbit it may take some time before the rabbit trusts you and allows you to stroke it and rabbits like having their heads and ears stroked but probably don't like their feet being touched.
Rabbits have quite poor eyesight for things that are close to them so he/she may not recognise the carrot as food.
As you spend more time with each other I'm sure the trust between you will grow.

I see.:D
I think I should share more time with my bunny,and interact more with her.Let
her trust me.I should let her get familiar with me.:)Thanks for your advice.

My Muppet has similar colouring to yours - mostly white with grey splodges :love:

He definitely doesnt like having his feet touched - he jumps away when I try! I dont know if that's common with rabbits. But if yours likes you petting her then you have got a good beginning with her.

As you say, you just have to give it time and let her get used to you. The easiest way is to sit where she can reach you, even if you're not always interacting with her. She obviously likes you already, so if you sit on the floor she will come over to you and explore you. Keep some chopped up carrot close to hand to feed her when she comes close.

Rabbits dont generally like being picked up or held, I expect you know that already. Muppet likes to climb me and jump on me, but never likes to sit on me and be stroked. Sometimes he sits next to me to be stroked but most of the time he prefers to sit a little bit away and I have to stretch over to him. He's a very friendly confident and happy bunny, but he likes to do things his way :D

:D:D:D
I asked one of my friends yesterday.Her rabbit-a black cute rabbit-doesn't like having its feet touched,too.It usually jumps away when my friend give a try to it!I didn't know if feet touching common for rabbit before.But now,I think that maybe rabbits truly don't like feet touching suddenly:).I want to become good friend with my rabbit.She likes petting,and I think I shall give her more to reward her.:love:
"The easiest way is to sit where she can reach you, even if you're not always interacting with her. "It's really a good piece of advice for me!!!!Thanks for your sharing:love::D!!Sometimes she comes over to me,when I'm sitting in front of her but not many times.:)
Your rabbit is cute and interesting~:D!!Different Bunnies have distinct characteristic,and they expect us to explore them.You will become his good friend through getting along with him and accompany him.
Thank you so much!!Your sharing is treasure for me.:love:~~happy~~

aww im glad you want to be more intereactive with your rabbit. because rabbits are prey animals they dont like to be picked up either as you may well have found and will prefer to come onto your lap if you sit on the floor and let them(with time and trust)
if your rabbit isnt already neutereing can often mae the rabbit more trusting adn calmer as it takes awa ythe hormones that cn casue aggression and excess fear.
not sure if anyone mentioned but carrot is high in sugar and should only be fed in small amounts now and again as a treat try feeding spring greens dark cabbage or herbs such as mint parsley or corriander bunnys often love these you should try sitting on the floor while bun is hopping around with a treat near you let bunny eat near you and with time move it closer until treat is on your lap and she will come to you if she already enjoys nose rubs and her head/ears being stroked brillinat stick with that. i have a rabbit that thinks if you touch his bum you are trying to bite him and will whip around and go for me... he is doing it les and less now funnily he doesnt mind his paws being touched though. where as i have another rabbit who you can touch her back but not her head or ears and another who loves any part of him to be stroked xx

If I sit in the run with my rabbits, they'll come and sit on my lap, and be very comfortable in my space. They don't like to be picked up, but they put up with it, because I have to pick them up.

When they were younger, I used to spend ages and ages with them in their run, just sitting there and letting them come to me. It builds a bond, and trust.

When I first got Teddy I spent ages lying on the rug next to him talking to him, I still do, only now he jumps all over me! This morning when I was having my breakfast he even climbed onto my lap for cuddles :) Definitely spend as much time as you can with your rabbit, once you have their trust it's so rewarding.

:)
aww im glad you want to be more intereactive with your rabbit. because rabbits are prey animals they dont like to be picked up either as you may well have found and will prefer to come onto your lap if you sit on the floor and let them(with time and trust)
if your rabbit isnt already neutereing can often mae the rabbit more trusting adn calmer as it takes awa ythe hormones that cn casue aggression and excess fear.
not sure if anyone mentioned but carrot is high in sugar and should only be fed in small amounts now and again as a treat try feeding spring greens dark cabbage or herbs such as mint parsley or corriander bunnys often love these you should try sitting on the floor while bun is hopping around with a treat near you let bunny eat near you and with time move it closer until treat is on your lap and she will come to you if she already enjoys nose rubs and her head/ears being stroked brillinat stick with that. i have a rabbit that thinks if you touch his bum you are trying to bite him and will whip around and go for me... he is doing it les and less now funnily he doesnt mind his paws being touched though. where as i have another rabbit who you can touch her back but not her head or ears and another who loves any part of him to be stroked xx
Mmm,I see:shock:! Carrots are rich in sugar.~And I will feed my bunny with chopped small amounts little by little not too large amounts holding in hand:D.
I often feed my rabbit with forage.I think I can change another cuisine.:D"spring greens dark cabbage" & " mint parsley" both sound good.~~^口^I had fed my rabbit with potato leaves one time.My rabbit liked potato leaves very much.She jumped towards me,and ate them up.I think whether I should try potato leaves again or not.Are those potato leaves good for rabbit? ^O^~/ But she likes potato leaves very much.:)

None of my bunnies like to have their feet touched....I think because it normally preceeds a claw trim. :lol:

Sitting on master's lap,and even climbing onto lap for cuddies~~~Wow,so cute:love::love::love:!!
My bunny just jumps around me happily,and she still doesn't dare to climb onto my lap for cuddies and sit in my space.:)I got my rabbit not for long time.I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and happy time with her.:love:
Spending ages and accompanying her more is really really worthy,as well as,bond and trust will gradually establish and grow.:D:D
I anticipate sharing my space with her.:love::love::love:
Thanks a lot!!:D:D:)

Back